Anyway, we all slept in tents (Kyle and William slept on the boat) and Brayden did surprisingly well for being in a tent with lots of people when he's used to dark silence. I'm sure my family didn't like it when he woke up at 5:30 but no one complained which I was grateful for. The weather was nice, except for one night it rained. It wasn't too hot either.
Overall, we had a blast. We went hiking (if you can call it that) around the island, my brothers rowed around the island in the rowboat, we went crabbing, ate crab, ate tons of junk food, roasted smores, read, laughed, and had a blast spending time together. I realize that I am lucky to live in a family where we can be on a deserted island for 4 days and be sad that we have to pack up and leave. I know a lot of families would be anxious to get back home because of the fights or arguments that come about when you're so close to so many people without a break for so long. But, I LOVED every second of it. I love that my family is so close, and that we can do things like this. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for allowing us this opportunity! We really appreciate all that you guys do for us. Thank you for the memories!!
Here are some pictures, in no particular order, from our trip. Enjoy!
























5 comments:
Wow! It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I'm glad that Brayden did so well with the camping. I know that Haden had a hard time last summer when we went. I bet you all just had a blast. I wish I could have been there.
Kim, that looks so fun! And you look so cute in all the pictures... and you took some awesome ones as well! I'd love to do something like that, sounds like a great time. How great!
Hey Kimber . . . wonderful memories, wonderful time!
You are welcome (from both dad and I) and it takes all of us to have such good times together.
We are very spoiled parents. This was the best vaction/adventure I have had in a long time. It will be among my fondest memories.
I love you, Mom
Definitely looks like a fun adventure! I can't wait to do something like that soon. I also think that it's great for Brayden to learn to love the outdoors at a young age. And last, you look GREAT in all the photos!
Kim, it's fine that you added the same sidebar links :) How can I argue with you sharing the gospel on your blog?!
This trip sounds amazing. I'm glad you had such a great time! I loved (as usual) all the pictures of your sweet boy!!!
Post a Comment