Short story shorter... Stephen was dating a girl named Sunshine. She lived in Colorado. Things were getting serious and she was flying to WA to meet the family. Kristen called me one day and told me that it was a surprise, but Natalie and her were going to drive to Camano that weekend to meet Sunshine. I wanted to be in on the surprise so decided to look for tickets "just in case" knowing full well I wouldn't be able to go. Well, lo and behold, tickets were $245 ROUND TRIP, NONSTOP, and not a red-eye...leaving in only seven days! So without even running it past Sean (who was still in Seattle until the next day,) I booked the flight. I couldn't pass up that amazing deal! Sean is a rock star and didn't even balk at my impromptu purchase and of course supported me. (Although he was a little bummed I'd be leaving for four days after he'd just been gone for six weeks!)
Anyway, so I flew the next Thursday morning after I got the kids on the bus, and returned Sunday evening. It was a surprise that I was coming...only Kristen and Quinn knew! Q picked me up from the Stanwood bus station (I bussed from the airport) and I got to Camano around 11:15 pm. Courtney was still awake so when I knocked on their door it weirded her out. Her reaction when she saw me was priceless! It was SOOO good to see her and give her a hug!
Then, I went and woke up Mom. Oh man. I wish I could have recorded it. It took her a minute to register it and she jumped up and gave me the biggest hug. Gahhh. It was so great! I gave Dad a hug and he went back to sleep. Mom, Quinn, Courtney and I talked for the next 45 minutes or so before going over to Lisa's to wake her up and surprise her. It was soooo good to be home with family!!!
I slept on the couch downstairs and when Tycen walked through that room to get his school snack, I jumped up and hugged him and he later admitted that he almost pooped his pants he was so freaked out. Hahaha. So good. Kayla was also startled, and then Garrett and Lance and Paul came into hug me. It has been waaay too long since I've hugged those kids. It was so great.
Natalie and Kristen pulled in around 8 that morning and it was such a fun reunion. Mom was shocked that they were there too and it was so fun to be able to pull this off. Oh, and Natalie didn't know I was coming so it was fun surprising her too. The whole surprise element of all of this was just so great. I'm still giddy over it a couple weeks later as I'm writing this!
We spent Friday at the beach, Costco, playing games, working out, hanging out, eating delicious food, and just enjoying each other's company.
On Saturday, Stephen, the girls, and Sunshine all showed up and we had so much fun. It was fun to meet Sunshine face-to-face and see her with the girls and Stephen. It wasn't until later that evening when they dropped the bomb that they were already married! Stephen and Sunshine had eloped on September 13th, and this was the 29th. They'd kept it a secret that long! I am so very happy for them though and know that Sunshine will be a fantastic addition to our family. I just hope she's up for the task ;)
I am so very grateful for my family and love that I got to spend time with them. I wish I could have brought MY family (my children and husband), but am blessed by their constant support in my crazy shenanigans. I am looking forward to moving back to the mainland where being with everyone is hopefully more frequent.
Welcome to the family, Sunshine!!
(I should add, Sunshine has three children of her own, Eliana, 8, Kayden, 7, and Eden, 6. So the four of them will be moving to Washington within the next few months so that they can all be together permanently. I can't wait for that to happen too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway
This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...
-
On December 14, 2018, the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announced changes allowing my oldest son to receive th...
-
He's Here!! Asher Briggs was born 10-8-08. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everything is great! He is a really mellow...
-
I decided a while back that I was going to cut off my hair and donate it to locks of love. Then began the quest of finding out what hair sty...












No comments:
Post a Comment