December Odds and Ends

We took an afternoon and headed to the zoo. The animals, including my own, were out and active and it was such a fun day!







We spent another afternoon at Honoli'i and enjoyed the beach. We got lots more sea glass!

We had our friend, Sabrina, over a couple times. We are sad they left for the mainland (her dad is a year ahead of Sean in the Pharmacy program so is doing rotations) but loved the time we got with them!


Brayden was awarded Student of the Quarter at Waiakeawaena Elementary. We got to go to the assembly and gift him a lei. He has incredible teachers and I am so grateful for them!



Family game night. My house is always a mess. But at least we always have fun, right? :)

Sean divided out all of the sea glass into colors. He wants to make a mosaic with it!

Everett's hair! I'm not sure I ever posted one with his hair short since his haircut but here it is. He was looking so dapper I couldn't help but snap a photo. 

See this mess? I did this. The bubbles were on top of the freezer. I opened the freezer door and they fell onto the counter and knocked these eggs on the floor. Seriously? Ha. Of course, the one time we spend extra to get the organic ones!

Christmas Eve. I wanted to get a family picture of us all in our Sunday clothes. I sure do adore this family of mine. Even though we are terrible at getting family photos.








Our friends, the Erbes, invited us to go to Ahalanui Hot Pond with them one morning. We got there about 9am and stayed until 2:00. It was such a beautiful day. The water was warm, the kids had a blast, and we got to spend time with our friends! Even Mavi willingly got in the water, and that's saying something! He has definitely warmed up to being in the water a bit in the past couple months.






This is how Mavi got in and out of the pond. Using my legs as the lift!

Everett loves feeding the goats across the street. He had his friend Ethan over, and they spent so much time over there!

Everett specifically requested this hairdo for church on Sunday. A mohawk with a pointy front part. Okay, little dude. You still look great!

We spent New Year's Eve at the Castros. We had a delicious potluck with the Adams, Balzotti's, and Browns. We ate, played games, and lit fireworks in the (dead end and very quiet) street. Brayden and Asher went home with the Adams and spent the night over there where they stayed up until 2am! We got home about 11 and transferred a sleeping Maverick and Everett straight to their beds. Sean and I fell asleep on the couch and woke up right before midnight. Then, the world exploded. Or at least it sounded like that. We ran out to our street and watched the entire town of Hilo go up in fireworks. We probably saw about 15 different gigantic shows all in one birds-eye view. It lasted for about 15 minutes and was absolutely spectacular. This picture doesn't even begin to do it justice, but I'm posting it anyway. I sure am falling in love with this sleepy little town!


Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! 

No comments:

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...