I flew into Portland on the same red-eye flight as our good friend Symon from the YSA Branch here in Hilo. We stayed with Brad and Lorraine. It was so nice that they were so central to everything, and that they were so willing to host us. They were so generous and incredible hosts to the slew of strangers/guests we brought through their home. They fed us, entertained us, helped us, and loved us. I am so grateful for them!
Ryan and Heidi were driving through Vancouver on their way to the Great Wolf Lodge with their kids and Riley so we got to eat lunch with them. It was SO GOOD to see them! I just love them so much. Then that evening, Claire (!!!) flew in (she was their wedding photographer), and Lisa and Quinn made it to Portland as well. We went to Burgerville and Salt and Straw. Two Portland musts!
The wedding was on Friday. It was drizzly and chilly (especially for us Hawaiians!) but it was so pretty! They had an incredible turnout, and felt loved by those that traveled from near and far to be there. (The Woods, an elder couple that served a mission with the YSAs in Hilo came all the way from St. George!)
Also, this day was the first time that Natalie had seen Scott since his mission, the first time that most of the family had met Kia, and also Natalie, Kia, and my first time meeting baby Claire, Keith and Courtney's babe! It was such a fun day.
We had a luncheon at the Lake Oswego Stake Center after the ceremony with all of Kia's family and all of our family that was able to make it! Heather and Dylan weren't able to make it as Heather was due in about 6 weeks and was having too many contractions to travel that far, through inclement weather, to be there. We sure missed her! But it was fun having the rest of the siblings together.
In true Harston fashion, we can't have a gym and time and not knock out a few volleyball games. We had a blast!
After the reception, Claire and I drove to Camano Island with Lisa and Quinn. We took a detour and showed Claire the Seattle temple. She had never been to Seattle before or spent any time in WA so it was so cool to be able to bring her.
Saturday morning, despite it being cold and drizzly, we took Symon and Claire crabbing. They had never had the experience and I love introducing new people to this! We only caught a couple crab but for only having a couple hours, we couldn't really complain. It sure was fun taking them out and showing them the ropes.
Scott, Symon, Claire, and I all had flights out on Sunday within a couple hours. Claire flew back to PHX, Scott and Sy were on one flight to Kona, and I was on a different flight to Kona. It was nice that it worked out so well!
I am SO glad that I was able to be in Portland/Seattle for this weekend. I hadn't seen Claire since she came to visit within the first month of us being here, and it was so good to be able to catch up with her as well. I love my family (both Janeway and Harston) so much, and soak up every second of opportunity of being with them!
Scott came and spent six weeks with us which I'm sure I'll mention again soon! After he got here, it officially means all eight of my siblings (and most in-laws and cousins) had come to visit. How blessed am I? That means that only Jenny and the girls haven't been here...but they are coming in February!






































No comments:
Post a Comment