Scott was here for six weeks. I know I didn't blog a lot about him being here. Since his job fell through, he spent a lot of time working on school stuff/financial aid, and reading his book. We got out some, and he spent time with the YSAs doing some things. But, unfortunately, I was really busy at work while he was here so didn't get to do too many things with him. He did get to go to the lava, Waipi'o, snorkeling, hiking, etc...just not with me!
Scott flew out of Kona on Friday, December 22nd. His flight didn't leave until 9:30 PM, so we all took the day and headed over to Kona. After a quick stop at Costco, we headed to Kua Bay. We hadn't been there in a long time, but we were so glad to be back! It was the perfect weather, perfect waves, perfect sand, and we got the perfect parking spot up front. Nothing to complain about!
Asher made this little groove in the sand, then propped up the boogy board to block the sand/wind. What a creative kid. He boarded a long time and it wiped him out! He didn't actually fall asleep, but he rested for quite awhile.
We loved having Scott here and were sad to see him go. Now that he's gone, however, our house is empty of house guests for the first time in over a year and a half. It is weird! When he left, I didn't know who our next guests would be or when they would come. But within a week or two of him leaving, Kyle, Jenny and the girls, and Caiti and Hamid all had flights booked to come out! I absolutely love having a revolving door, and am so grateful that people keep coming to visit us!















No comments:
Post a Comment