Smorgasbord

Asher

Asher is teething! I think... :) It looks like a tooth or two is about to pop through those tiny little gums of his. (It's about time!) He has woken up with a fever the past 2 days, and is drooling like crazy. He slept in until 8:30 this morning which is crazy for him. Regardless of all this though, he is still a happy baby!

This past month, when he gets tired, he has started pulling on his ears. It's really funny, but oh so cute. He also hums to himself, but he's been doing that since he was born.

He has finally learned how to drink out of his sippy cup. This has taken a lot longer than we thought it would but probably because we don't try very hard to teach him. Oops. He is even figuring out that he can pick it up on his own...

Asher still grunts like a crazy man. It has picked up today especially for some reason. I tried to do it in response to him and it hurts my throat after just once. I don't know how he can do it dozens of times a day! He's just a growler...I love it. Maybe we'll make him a monster for Halloween...

On a different note, I love this sweet spirit of mine. He is so cuddly, and loving and smiley and happy. It is Asher that keeps me grounded on the difficult days with Brayden, which we've been having more than I'd prefer lately.

Brayden

Brayden peed in the toilet! I cannot even tell you how exciting this was. He has sat on the toilet more times than I can count. However, he had never actually done anything. Well, he finally did and he got heavily rewarded with chocolate ice cream. Shortly after, while getting him ready for bed, he was naked in the bathroom (just getting out of the shower) and he peed all over the bathroom floor. So yeah, it was just happenstance that he peed in the toilet but at least it happened once! We can work with that.

Brayden is talking more and more. He is finally stringing words together and his favorite adjective is "big." "Big truck" "Big ball" and "Big black train!" are heard around here a lot lately. It's exciting that he's finally picking up more communication skills.

I need to take a parenting class. I know that how I'm parenting Brayden isn't working. He's getting the better of me. He's winning this mother/son battle and I don't like that. I don't like losing my temper but he brings it out of me. He knows how to push my buttons. I just wish I knew how to parent him... He is so defiant, disobedient and aggressive. It's super tough. I'm really looking forward to going to my parents house for a week (we leave tomorrow! Yay!) so that I can get some parenting advice from them.

When he's in a good mood, however, he's hilarious. He loves to sing and dance. He loves to tell me secrets (read: whisper "I love you" then blow in my ear). He loves to shout and has a bunch of energy. He has even started telling me "I love you" of his own free will and choice. It's awesome.


The move this past weekend went amazingly well. We had 10 people come and help. Due to the extreme heat the week before, I didn't get anything packed. A couple of my friends helped me pack boxes (Danika did my entire kitchen!) while the guys were taking loads out to the truck and trailer. (Thanks TaD for letting us borrow your X, trailer, and Carry!) We got almost everything moved from one place to the other in about 2.5 hours. Sean and I spent the entire rest of the day moving in. Elise came and helped us too and it was so nice to get most of the entire main floor livable. This past week we've been working on the rest of the house and it's a slow process but it's coming. Since we know we're going to be here for awhile, we're taking the time to find the right place for everything, instead of just putting things there "short term" which is how it's been pretty much for the past 2 years. Oh man, I am SO excited to have my own place that I can actually settle into.

Monday evening Sean and I took the boys blackberry picking. Sean had come across this dead end road that wasn't accessible by cars (it has barriers at both ends) that was FULL of blackberry bushes. We picked for maybe 20 minutes and got about 8 cups of blackberries. One of the things on my 101 in 1001 list is "make jam from freshly picked berries, so the second I got home, I got to work! And I did it, I checked off my goal! I don't know that blackberry jam is my favorite, or that I'd do it again, but it's still good!

As I mentioned earlier, we leave tomorrow after work for Enumclaw. We'll be up there until Tuesday, when we (and the entire Glen Harston Clan) will head to Ocean Shores for a couple days. We'll drive back to Enumclaw on Thursday, then drive back here Sunday morning. I cannot wait to spend some quality time with my entire family! My sister's and my anniversary is only 1 day apart so we, along with our husbands of course, are going to go out Saturday night together and leave the kids at home. I'm looking forward to it! It has been way too long since Sean and I have been on a date.

So, farewell my friends. I'll be back in a week with a lot of fun things to post!

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

Well, Happy Early Anniversary! Enjoy your date night. (I'm very jealous.)

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...