Brayden slept until 7:45 this morning!!! I woke up at 5:15 and headed to my 5:30 spinning class. (more on that in a bit) I got home a little after 7 expecting the house to be in full swing. I walked in the door and it was silent...I walked upstairs and it was silent. I went into our bedroom where I expected to see Asher sleeping on the bed and Sean gone to Brayden's room...and Sean was sleeping peacefully...no kids in sight. It was glorious! We've had another rough day, but not as rough as the past several! Hallelujah.
Last night I had my free hour long session with a personal trainer at Bally that came with my membership. It.was.awesome! The trainer, Erik, was super smart and super cool and totally motivating...which is his job. But it was so inspiring! I had almost kind of settled with how I am right now...fit wise. But he motivated me and encouraged me and let me know that it is possible to lose more weight. I know that's his job...especially because if he convinces me it's possible then I pay him bucu bucks to help me attain it, but it wasn't really like that. Anyway, all in all, it was an awesome hour and 20 minutes :) I got lucky that he didn't have another appointment after me!
This morning I went to my first spinning class. Let me just tell you...my quads are dead...and my bum is sore. It was fun though. I actually enjoyed it. I'm still contemplating doing the duathalon in August (I still need to find a bike...anyone?) but I figure since I don't have a bike to train on, this is a good way to get started. That and it's really good cardio that made me sweat a lot! When I was driving out to Banks to work out, I'd leave at like 5:30 and get back at 7:30. This morning, I left at 5:27 and was done with my class at 6:30. I loved that I had so much extra time since you cut out the drive time! I did 13 minutes on the elliptical then I went and did 200 crunches and plank. After that, I spent some time stretching and focusing on the music and relaxing a bit before coming home to the assumed mayhem. I headed home and walked through the door at a couple minutes after 7. I LOVE that I got a half hour longer workout, and was home a half hour earlier. It was fabulous! I really think I'm going to like this gym thing...
Good news! Brayden is *finally* showing signs that he's ready to potty train! We aren't there yet, but we're taking baby steps. Over the past 3 or 4 days he has told me that he needed to be changed, and once even he said "poop! toilet! potty!" but I had a sleeping Asher in my arms. By the time I got Asher down on the couch and headed over to Brayden, I saw him squat and start pushing. I tried to startle him and say "no! wait!" but it was too late... Oh well though...at least he's beginning to recognize! He has sat on his little potty seat several times but hasn't actually done anything on it yet. Oh well...like I said...Baby Steps!
3 comments:
I never thought I would be the person to go to the gym every day, but I love it. I'm glad that you like it so far. My newest thing is jumping rope (along with my regular resistence training stuff) and it kills me, but in a good way...:) good luck with working out. Ethan hasn't shown any interest in potty training, so I haven't started yet. That is cool that Brayden is starting to show interest in it and recognizes the need to use the toilet. Good luck with the potty training.
That totally motivates me after reading your routine! Sometimes I settle for my "new" body, even though it's trashed. Good luck in potty training!!
I absolutely look forward to looking at your blog. I can't resist but check it daily. You are such an example. Thanks!
Post a Comment