Life has been crazy lately and blogging just hasn't been high enough on my to do list to get anything written. However, I'm realizing that the days are numbered until I can get my next Blurb book and I want it to have more than 20 pages. So, I'm going to *try* to start blogging more frequently.
Sean and I applied for a position as apartment managers. We aren't sure why we didnt' think of this sooner, but it means free rent and a place of our own. We applied for a position out in Aloha, and found out this past week that we got it! Not only is it free rent, but free utilities, phone and fax as well. On top of that, Sean get's $12/hour for maintenance. This is such a blessing to us. It is a townhouse complex (you know the townhouses all sardined together? Yeah...those ones) with 42 units. We don't have to do any of the marketing or evictions, or even the deciding who we accept to move in and who we deny. We collect the rent, give late notices, and give the tours to people that want to move in. We also do the maintenance. The townhouses were built in 2000, and our place is 2 beds, 1.5 baths and 990 sq ft. It is 2 stories, with a 1 car garage. We are elated. We are so excited to get out on our own, and not have to pay rent. This will give us an opportunity to start saving, which we couldn't be happier about. Given the circumstances of these past 2 years, we're ready for this next phase in our life! We don't get to move in until June, but we knew that before we applied for the job. Now, we just wait! We are sad to leave this ward, as we have made so many friends and love it here, but the fact that we'll have our own place makes it worth it!
3 comments:
That's exciting. I have a friend in California that does that and they really enjoy the deal of no rent too.
Kim! That is awesome!
We just applied to managers here in Rexburg and I really hope we get it. I really want to be able to do something during the day and with only one baby I think I could. (well atleast I hope so.)
Let me know how everything goes! I am guessing you guys are moving here then :(
I am so excited for you. I bet you guys are just going to love it. now you get to redecorate a house. i love doing thing.
Post a Comment