
YAY!!! I am so proud of myself. Who knew that I, Kimberly, could run 100 miles...ever. I'm PUMPED! On Saturday I ran to Costco (3.4 miles). Sean and the boys met me there after the run so we could do some shopping. (What better place to run to than Costco during sample hour?) I've always heard of but never really believed in "runners high." I always have gotten more and more exhausted as runs go on. The first half of the run I didn't enjoy at all. But once I got past the halfway point I thought "oh man, no sweat!" I picked up my pace and kept going. By the time I got to Costco, I felt like I was just getting started...I could have run another couple miles!
Running for me is 80% mental. I have to mentally overcome the run more than physically overcome it. I never thought I could run even a mile. However, between Wednesday's 4 mile run and Saturday's 3.4 mile run...I'm feeling pretty confident. I CAN do this. And now, I KNOW I can do the Helvetia 10k in June...I just have to now physically work up to it now that I'm mentally capable of doing it. I'm getting excited!!
4 comments:
congrats Kimber!!!
THAT ROCKS :)
I can't wait to join in the running in August...
Wow! That's great. Isaac's been training for a run too, so between the two of you I feel like I should go dust off my running shoes. Again, great job. You should feel proud of yourself.
Great job Kim! You could probably do a full marathon in the near future.
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! Good job! I'm so proud of you. That is awesome!!
Post a Comment