I was called on Thursday evening at about 8 and asked if I could speak in church on Sunday. I hesitated a bunch but I could hear my dad in my ear saying "we don't ever turn down a calling" so I very apprehensively said yes. The topic was following the prophet. Great. I follow the prophet, this should be easy right? Um... not so much. So thursday night I got on lds.org and read a few talks from the general authorities, since they are the experts on this subject. I found a few talks quotes and stories that I liked and tried to glue them together with transitions and personal experiences.
It would be really hard to come up with something that takes me further out of my comfort zone than giving a prepared talk in front of a lot of people. I'd almost rather be called out of the congregation and told "Hey Kimberly, would you mind coming up here and talk on following the prophet?" I'd be nervous, but not as nervous as when I have 48 hours to build up to it. Anyway, I think that overall it went well. I was asked to speak for 7-10 minutes so I prepared a 12 minute talk because when I get nervous I talk like an auctioneer but I think I did fine. I'm grateful that I was able to feel the spirit calming me and I was able to not stumble over my words. Overall, I'm glad that I had the opportunity...it was good for me. But I'm glad it's over :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway
This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...
-
On December 14, 2018, the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announced changes allowing my oldest son to receive th...
-
He's Here!! Asher Briggs was born 10-8-08. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everything is great! He is a really mellow...
-
I decided a while back that I was going to cut off my hair and donate it to locks of love. Then began the quest of finding out what hair sty...
2 comments:
Oh, I wish I could have heard it! I bet you were amazing.
And btw, holy smokes girl, you are rockin' this running thing now! I am so impressed! I miss running, and have felt inspired by your success...maybe just maybe I will give it a try again someday!
talks really can be nerveracking. Good job on the running. I can't run because of my knees, but you actually make me want to try it more....:)
Post a Comment