Fourth of July this year was, in my world, a perfect Independence Day. The day started off with a 5k with my nephew. He is 9 and got 1st in his division (out of 18), 50th out of 642 overall runners, and ran the entire 3.1 miles in just over 25 minutes. He was incredible! I came in 7 minutes after him, but it felt so good to get out!
After the race we, along with Ryan and Heidi and fam stayed for the parade, then played at the park and ate lunch.
After the park, Ryan wanted to go get the jetskis in the water to make sure they worked before she had his entire family in tow. So Ryan, Michael and I took them out to Hagg Lake. Good thing we did! Only 10 seconds after the jetski I was on got in the water, it died. After towing it back to dock, all 3 of us hopped on Ryan's jetski, and went over to a cove where we all jumped in. It was such a beautiful day! It was so nice to get in the water. We raced back to their house in Banks where we had a delicious barbecue and cake (Costco made the cake, I decorated it). We did fireworks in the driveway before heading to the neighborhood park to check out the larger show.
All in all, it was so perfect! I am so grateful that we live so close to family, and that our kids have the opportunity to be best friends with their cousins. Such a blessing!

No comments:
Post a Comment