This last week has been a super crazy one…I have so much going on and so much to do that blogging has fallen by the wayside. But, I’m back and I have some cool things to blog about.
On Monday, Asher rolled over for the first time! After I change his diaper I lay him on his tummy. This makes me remember to give him tummy time, otherwise I would never do it! On Monday after changing his diaper and laying him on his tummy I went to throw away the diaper and wash my hands. When I came back, Asher was on his back. Now, I know Brayden didn’t do it since he was with me. So I put Asher on his tummy again and sure enough! Within a few seconds he was back on his back. He did it again after that too so I know it wasn’t just a fluke! I was pretty stoked. He’s only 3 ½ months so I wasn’t expecting it since Brayden was almost 5 months when he first rolled over. But I hear the second one usually picks up on those things faster.
The other Milestone this week is we moved B to a big bed. Well, we’re still in the process, but we’re getting there! Tuesday night we put him in the big bed in his room instead of his crib. After an hour of him escaping and us putting him back in his bed, we finally called it a night and put him in his crib. The next night the same thing happened but last night…TaDa!!! He stayed in his room. He got off of his bed and ended up falling asleep by the door but he never came out of his room! I’m pretty excited about this. He’s still so young that we normally wouldn’t worry about moving him to a big bed yet…however, we need the crib for Asher. We still are putting B in the crib during naps but we’ll attack that next week…
Also this week, Brayden had a fever we *think* due to teething. He has had a rotten attitude and been in a foul mood all week. It has been a long, exhausting, very unproductive week for us. I’m really excited for him to learn to talk to us instead of screaming and yelling at us…constantly. During one of his many nap attempts this week (he doesn’t like sleeping anymore) he somehow managed to get out of his crib. It was the weirdest thing…his screaming never changed, I never heard him quiet down or stop even for a second. I never heard a thump of him hitting the ground or the box of toys I’m surprised he didn’t hit. But all the sudden he was opening his door and coming to me. I really wish I had video of how he did it! This being another incentive to move him to a big bed…this is his second time he’s gotten out, fortunately not getting hurt either time! The mattress is at its lowest and the railing at its highest so I don’t really know what else to do besides switch him out!
Asher is such a smiley baby still. He’s so content to just chill, but when we spend any attention on him he just smiles and laughs the entire time! He is such a sweet babe. I don’t even know what else to say about him!
Brayden is talking more. His new words this week are “apple” “cracker” and “cookie.”
It’s crazy how fast kids grow!!! I’m trying to enjoy it while they’re young, but I’ll definitely be grateful when Brayden is feeling better!
I haven’t updated since my cell phone incident but I finally did get a new cell phone! Yay! It’s nothing fancy…but a new phone nonetheless. I’m excited! It’s crazy how much cell phone technology has changed in 4 years!
On Monday, Asher rolled over for the first time! After I change his diaper I lay him on his tummy. This makes me remember to give him tummy time, otherwise I would never do it! On Monday after changing his diaper and laying him on his tummy I went to throw away the diaper and wash my hands. When I came back, Asher was on his back. Now, I know Brayden didn’t do it since he was with me. So I put Asher on his tummy again and sure enough! Within a few seconds he was back on his back. He did it again after that too so I know it wasn’t just a fluke! I was pretty stoked. He’s only 3 ½ months so I wasn’t expecting it since Brayden was almost 5 months when he first rolled over. But I hear the second one usually picks up on those things faster.
The other Milestone this week is we moved B to a big bed. Well, we’re still in the process, but we’re getting there! Tuesday night we put him in the big bed in his room instead of his crib. After an hour of him escaping and us putting him back in his bed, we finally called it a night and put him in his crib. The next night the same thing happened but last night…TaDa!!! He stayed in his room. He got off of his bed and ended up falling asleep by the door but he never came out of his room! I’m pretty excited about this. He’s still so young that we normally wouldn’t worry about moving him to a big bed yet…however, we need the crib for Asher. We still are putting B in the crib during naps but we’ll attack that next week…
Also this week, Brayden had a fever we *think* due to teething. He has had a rotten attitude and been in a foul mood all week. It has been a long, exhausting, very unproductive week for us. I’m really excited for him to learn to talk to us instead of screaming and yelling at us…constantly. During one of his many nap attempts this week (he doesn’t like sleeping anymore) he somehow managed to get out of his crib. It was the weirdest thing…his screaming never changed, I never heard him quiet down or stop even for a second. I never heard a thump of him hitting the ground or the box of toys I’m surprised he didn’t hit. But all the sudden he was opening his door and coming to me. I really wish I had video of how he did it! This being another incentive to move him to a big bed…this is his second time he’s gotten out, fortunately not getting hurt either time! The mattress is at its lowest and the railing at its highest so I don’t really know what else to do besides switch him out!
Asher is such a smiley baby still. He’s so content to just chill, but when we spend any attention on him he just smiles and laughs the entire time! He is such a sweet babe. I don’t even know what else to say about him!
Brayden is talking more. His new words this week are “apple” “cracker” and “cookie.”
It’s crazy how fast kids grow!!! I’m trying to enjoy it while they’re young, but I’ll definitely be grateful when Brayden is feeling better!
I haven’t updated since my cell phone incident but I finally did get a new cell phone! Yay! It’s nothing fancy…but a new phone nonetheless. I’m excited! It’s crazy how much cell phone technology has changed in 4 years!
5 comments:
Congratulations on the milestones! It's always bitter sweet when your kids hit one. I mean, you're excited because they're so proud of themselves and it's new, but at the same time you're sad because it just means one step closer to being a big person. Give them each a big hug for me. Oh, something that might help, when we moved Haden to a big bed it seemed to help if we got him really relaxed first so that he just kind of relaxed to sleep. Good luck!
Ethan figured out how to get out of his crib much sooner than I expected,(it was really odd the first time he did it, and all of a sudden there he was standing outside the bathroom door, with me in the shower wondering how the heck he made it out of his crib) so I decided it was time to move him to a big bed. I had trouble at first with him getting out of his room, and so I bought a door knob cover (like they have in nursery) to keep him in his room. It works great, and he likes sleeping in the big boy bed now. The only problem I do have is that it's harder to get him to take naps, because he just ends up playing around the room many days and never ends up falling asleep even when he's tired. so good luck. I hope B. starts feeling better soon, it's always hard when they don't feel well. It always seemed like the times when I would decide to change things up with Ethan he would get sick and that would make it so much harder, so sometimes I would give up and wait till he felt better to make changes. that is really cool that A. is all ready rolling over, I've heard that also- that the second kid picks things up quicker, prob. cause they have a role model having the older sibling. sorry my post is so long....
Our current nursery actually has the levers instead of knobs...they have to block the door so Ethan doesn't escape... I don't know if they have something for those kind of doors, but it doesn't hurt to look.
Kim I can't believe how big they are getting. I also can't believe that you are putting B in a big bed. Let me know how it goes and if you have any tips. I don't know if I have the energy to start that with McKenzie yet. Maybe if I had good tips it would be easier. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again. Maybe this time we can hang out longer. I love ya
WOW! Asher is a quick boy! I can't believe Brayden is already ina big bed! What a big boy! They sure do grow fast. Enjoy every precious moment.
Post a Comment