1 year old!




I cannot believe that I have a 1 year old! That is so crazy to me! He had his 12 month check up today...Here are his stats:


Length: 28 6/8 inches (less than 5th percentile…like, not even on the charts)


Weight: 18 lbs 10.5 oz (25th percentile…he only gained 1 pound in 3 months!)



New skills, accomplishments, and talents over the past month: Brayden started waving a couple of weeks ago. Not all the time, but mostly when he goes down at night. It’s so cute! He also learned how to put his paci in by himself. The day after his birthday we put the forward facing carseat in the car (assuming he was the required 20 lbs...) and I can’t reach his mouth anymore to put his paci there in when he cries. So I just hand it to him and he puts it in yourself. It makes it nice.

He hates getting his diaper changed…so much that we have to pin him down with our legs or use both of us to change his diaper. When it is just one of us attempting the task, he crawls just out of reach, turns and smiles or laughs, then keeps on crawling even further away.

He took his first steps today! Dad saw the first step, then we both saw steps 2 and 3! It was so exciting. We’ve known he was capable of doing it for the past couple weeks…but he gets nervous if he isn't holding on to something. He were distracted watching a home video and he took a step! It was great!

Current favorite things and activities:
He loves walking behind his walker. He could do it for hours. Just back and forth down the hallway between mom and dad. He has a big smile on his face the entire time! He loves “Signing Time” and when he gets really tired, he loves snuggling…finally! He shows affection by putting his forehead on our foreheads, or on the cat’s or dog’s forehead. It’s the cutest thing ever! He also absolutely LOVES massages, especially when he's tired. He’ll lay still for 10 minutes if we are rubbing his neck or chin or shoulders or back or legs etc etc etc.

This is my favorite stage of babyhood so far! I am really looking forward to him coming into his personality and showing us his sense of humor. I know a lot of people are sad to say goodbye their babies as they welcome toddlers, but I just can't wait! I'm sure some of that has to do with the knowledge that I'll have another baby in just a few months...

Welcome to Toddler-hood Brayden Kyle!

3 comments:

Verenice said...

This is a fun age and it only gets better! Happy birthday Brayden!

Ksenia said...

Yay! Congrats! Hope all is well with the pregnancy. By the way, your little brother looks A LOT like you!

Haden's Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAYDEN! We hope that your very special day was great. We miss you all.

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...