Camping, Robotics Competition, and More!

We had a huge group of friends go camping up in Volcano for Veteran's Day Weekend. Sean was studying ALL WEEKEND LONG and it didn't sound like fun to take the kids camping without their father there to help me, so we just went up all day Friday. Natalie tagged along with us, and we had such a blast! Went on a hike, played games, talked, and went on a scenic drive. Then, after dark, Jamee and I went on a drive to go see the caldera, that was almost overflowing and spattering lava everywhere. It was so incredible.

The kids played with their friends all day long, and it was the first day in maybe EVER that they didn't tattle or bicker once. They were all extremely happy and content and it was such a beautiful thing. It was maybe the most perfect day we've had in a long time.





Saturday was beautiful weather, so Natalie and I took the kids to Onekahakaha. We didn't stay long but we definitely soaked up the sun while we were there! Sean met us there just for a few minutes, but it was good to see him regardless. This semester of Pharmacy school is no joke.


Heather and Dylan sent us all Elkhorn hats!

Sean wanted to participate in "no-shave November." He came out of the bathroom one morning with his face shaved like this. I couldn't handle it. I literally didn't look him in the face for three days. He had a blast with it, and got so many reactions at school. But fortunately for me, he decided that his marriage was more important than his facial hair and he shaved it off.

We got to watch Sariah Adams for a day and her and Maverick are great friends. I love how well they get along!

Sister Biggs is going home! She gets home on Thanksgiving Day. How cool is that? We are seriously going to miss her. Natalie and I took her and Sister Wilson out for lunch at Lucy's on Friday, then had them over for dinner on Monday, before she flew to Oahu on Tuesday. We are seriously going to miss her, but are so grateful that Sis. Wilson gets to stay!


Brayden is in the Robotics Club at school. Saturday was his first competition, and although they didn't place very high, they learned a lot! They were competing with schools that have been doing robotics for years and years, and they had been doing it for just a few weeks. I can't wait to see how they develop and learn throughout the robotics season!





We spent a bit of time a few days ago out riding bikes. I didn't any pictures, but Everett learned how to ride his two-wheeler! I am so proud of him. He just took off! He had one decent sized crash into a mud puddle, but he got up and just kept trying. He was beaming by the end of it!




The boys have been asking to set up our Christmas Tree, so even though it was before Thanksgiving, we got it up!

No comments:

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...