Girls Weekend in Oahu!

Through a small twist of fate, I was able to spend 48 hours in Oahu with some of my girlfriends from Oregon. Sean was amazing and supported me in going Friday afternoon through Sunday night so I could meet up with Heather, Brittany, Stephanie and (later joined by) Erika.  At one point several years ago, we were all in the same ward but it's been awhile since that. Heather had a timeshare she had scheduled but her husband got deployed so wasn't able to join. She invited us instead, and all of us were able to come!

Most of the girls were there Friday through Wednesday or Thursday, but I was so grateful to get the time I got with them. We fit so much in!

Snorkeling, swimming, hot-tubbing, running, shopping, stopping at a delicious fruit stand, Polynesian Cultural Center, delicious food, Pearl Harbor (minus visiting the Arizona), relaxing on white sand beaches, etc. etc. etc. It was really the perfect getaway, and I am so grateful I was able to spend time with these incredible women!











Front row seats!


We drove past the temple after the PCC and even though we couldn't get close, it was still great to see!






Stephanie, Me, Heather, Brittany, and Erika, all wearing our kimonos that Heather brought us! She definitely spoiled us!

Heather is a Personal Color Analyst. I didn't know what this meant until this trip, but she has a process of figuring out what "season" you are, and which colors look best against your skin. This knowledge makes shopping for clothing, makeup, jewelry, etc. way easier, and it ensures that you are always looking your best! This picture is unedited, but look how blue my eyes are because I'm wearing my colors. I'm a "bright spring." How cool is this? I had so much fun, and for the first time ever bought and wore lipstick and I actually like the way it looks. Who'da thunk? 

While I was in Oahu, my sister, Heather gave birth to her second child, a daughter. She's beautiful, and perfect. Heather is THE SuperWoman, and my heart hurts that I have to wait so long to hold this little angel!

Eloise Magdelena Isaacson (nickname: Lou)
November 6, 2015 • 10:18pm
8 lbs 12.5 oz • 20.5 inches

No comments:

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...