Claire and Turner came to visit!

Claire and Turner came to visit me from Phoenix! Claire and I have been friends for almost 8 years and we definitely cherish the time that we get to spend together. I've been down to Phoenix a couple times to see her but this was her first time to the Great Northwest. It did not disappoint. She flew in on Thursday night and flew out Monday night. We squeezed in as much as possible, at the sacrifice of sleep...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

The day that I was going to pick Claire up from the airport, I came down with mastitis. I was sick and miserable on the couch for most of the day. After getting some antibiotics and taking Tylenol, (and Asher spontaneously saying a prayer that I'd feel better) I decided I felt well enough to drive to the airport and pick her up. After which, we headed straight to Salt and Straw. We bought ice cream that included sea urchins in it, among a couple other flavors and drove home! We stayed up way too late talking every single night. It was fantastic.

Friday we got up and headed to OMSI. It was kind of disappointing since a lot of the exhibits were being worked on, but we still had fun regardless. The entire time Claire was here, Asher wore his double capes and mask. He loves that outfit! 


After the kids were in bed on Friday, Claire and I headed to the temple. We did initiatory then headed to Moonstruck Chocolates. I love that place! We came home and played Stone Age with Sean until the wee hours of the morning.



Saturday we headed to Cannon Beach and Seaside. Turner had never been to the beach and seeing his reaction was priceless. He laid down right in that sand and gobbled it up. Literally. He was doing sand angels, laying down, eating it... I think he was in his own version of heaven. It was hilarious.








We walked around the cute shops in Cannon Beach before we headed to Seaside. We were in one shop but Asher stayed outside. I stepped out to check on him and saw him like this. This might be my favorite picture of all time.



We headed off to Seaside where we walked around, rode the carousel, and Claire took Turner's 1 year photos here.



Sunday we went to church, cut vinyl, and played more Stone Age. Monday we went to Courtney's house, then Courtney and I took Claire and Turner to Burgerville. It did not disappoint!

Claire had never been to the Northwest and seeing as the Portland Airport is right on the border of Washington and Oregon, we decided to drive into Washington, making it the 30th state Claire has been to.

It was a sad day when they had to leave. We had so much fun, got way too little sleep, ate way too many calories, and laughed ridiculously hard the entire weekend. It was extremely therapeutic and we can't wait to get together again. Hopefully next time we can include all of the 7 kids between us!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I WANT TO COME BACK!!!! Such a fun trip!! I need to get my butt in gear and blog about it!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...