Brayden had T-Ball tonight. I figured since it's only 1 mile away that I'd run there and meet up with the boys on the field. Brayden jumped up and said "I want to run with you!" Why not? So I let him! We left 20 minutes before hand and I told Sean to just leave as if he was getting to the field on time, and if he saw us, pick us up on the way. I wasn't sure how Brayden was going to do. He loves to run, but 1 mile is a decent distance for 4 year old legs.
I was thoroughly impressed! He ran the entire thing, and we got there in 15 minutes, about 3 minutes before Sean and the other 2 did. We did stop running a couple times. To look for cars. To explain that when the sidewalk ends you run either in the grass next to the road or on the very edge of the road. To teach that when running, always let Mom be closest to the cars. But for the most part, his little legs just kept plugging away.
Right before we arrived at the school, Brayden mentioned that his side was hurting. I told him to stop talking (which he had been doing non stop since our shoes hit the pavement) and focus on taking deep breaths. He was quiet for about 10 seconds before he piped right back up "That feels better!"
I didn't run my first mile ever until after Asher was born. The fact that my 4 year old totally showed my 23 year old self up makes me so very happy. Maybe he's caught the running bug early on in life!
2 comments:
daaaang! I can't even run a mile! Your boy is pro!
wow!! That is so cool! Good Job Brayden and good job kim for teaching him!
Post a Comment