Yesterday afternoon we had an Easter Egg hunt in the backyard for the boys. I didn't want to go to a huge, public egg hunt for a couple reasons. 1. The chaos and feeling of "I have to hurry or I won't get any!" 2. I didn't want to have to fight with the kids about which candy had red food dye and 3. I love the intimacy of a small Easter egg hunt. Growing up, I never went to a public Egg hunt. We usually would go to Aunt Beth's house with cousins and do a hunt in her backyard. I have fond memories of that, and hope I can instill some fond memories in my kids as well.
Sean and I filled and hid 24 eggs, filled with Trader Joes dye free jelly beans, yogurt covered raisins, and chocolate peanut butter cups. Brayden and Asher went around with their egg cartons (their basket of choice, since that's where eggs belong!) and found their hidden treasures. They had SO much fun. They knew they could hunt until their carton was full, and it took them a good half hour to find them all. It was SO nice being out in the sun, and taking our time. It was definitely good medicine for our souls. Everett played in the grass and I admit, I went a little overboard on photos of him, but...how could I not? The stunning green grass, bright yellow flowers, his vivid blue eyes and red hair...the colors were all stunning! I am so grateful that we had a sunny Easter Saturday, and am grateful that it is sunny and actually a little *warm* today, on Easter! Such a huge blessing!
| Sean worked on the garden while the boys were hunting. It needs a LOT of work, and we can't wait for the weather to stay nice so we can really dig in! |
| "Look Mom! I have a bunny tail!" |
| Crash loves his chickens! |
Happy Easter Everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment