We spent Christmas this year in Oregon. We had a Janeway Family Christmas Eve program at Brad and Lorraine's with almost all of their immediate family. We had a little nativity puppet show put on by the kids and a fun little talent show. Sean and I, and the kids all stayed the night at their house and did stockings and presents at their house. The kids got to bed so late the night before that they didn't even wake up until 9! It was weird to be up and ready for the day before they even stirred in their beds...especially on Christmas! Shortly after we were done with gifts, Jamie (Brad's sister), her husband Tum, their kids Brandon, Travis, and Cameron, and Grandma Janeway (Brad's Mom) all flew in from San Diego. We spent the entire next week eating tons of food and ice cream, going to the Evergreen Aviation Museum Water Park, staying a night in Seaside, and eating the best dang Thai food ever. We wore ourselves out with Ping Pong, Pool, and Fooseball, and exhausted our laughing muscles playing Quelf, iMagiNiff, Catch Phrase, and Quiddler. I absolutely that family and am so glad they were all able to be here to spend an entire week with us! Next time, I think it's our turn to return the favor and make a trip down to sunny San Diego!
I wish I had taken ANY pictures of the week, but alas, the only one I took was this one...
which was the result of a *long* Christmas day of travel.
On Christmas Eve, we let the boys open 1 gift. It was their set of pajamas they got to sleep in that night. (Janeway tradition.) In the morning, as we were helping the boys get dressed and ready for the day before they got to go see their stockings, (Harston tradition.) Brayden was hesitant to take off his new Buzz Lightyear pajamas. He asked if I'd let him wear them again that night. I assured him he could and he looks at me with these huge eyes and grateful smile. "Thank you forever!" Best quote of the day. Still makes my heart happy thinking about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment