Sean's Birthday

Sean's birthday this year was a blast. I'm a little late blogging about it but I wanted to get it done before I forgot the fun details. His birthday was on Saturday this year, but we started celebrating on Friday. Brad and Lorraine got a babysitter for us at their house for Friday night, then they took us both to the play "Hairspray" at Westview High School. It was amazing! I am so impressed with how great of a production it was for a high school! After the play, Brad and Lorraine went back to their house where our kids spent the night, and I took Sean out to Portland. I took him to Papa Haydn where we got amazingly decadent dessert. It was so rich and so yummy. We will definitely be going back there in the future!

We got to sleep in until 9 since we were kid free (which was phenomenal!) then we headed out to go get pedicures. Well, the place overbooked so we ended up NOT being able to get pedicures which was a bummer but oh well. (We had a Groupon to that place for buy one get one free. Oh well!)

Shortly after we got back from our not-pedicures, Brad and Lorraine brought the boys back home, and didn't come empty handed. They brought loads of groceries with them to make us an amazing breakfast (at noon). We ate like royalty! Then, before they left they cleaned the kitchen. Yeah, seriously...it was the best birthday for both of us! haha

After they left we put the kids down for naps and after naps we headed out to Banks to go have a family birthday party for our nephew Aaron who shares Sean's birthday. That was fun as well! We gourged ourselves (with what little stomach room we had remaining from breakfast) on pizza and taco soup, and of course cake and ice cream!

I made Sean a birthday cake this year and tried to keep it somewhat simple. I tried a new fondant recipe which didn't work out very well so it was harder than I anticipated but regardless, I think it turned out okay!

(Unfortunately I don't have pictures of any of the festivities except the cake. I'm lame!)


3 comments:

Danielle said...

you are one talented lady kim!

Anonymous said...

Kim, the cake looks awesome. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Kim, the cake looks awesome. Great job.

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...