Brayden: (While I'm in the middle of a serious conversation with Sean) Mom. Mommy. Mamma. Mom! Mooooom!!
Me: What Brayden?
Brayden: I smell like Chocolate.
______________________________________
Brayden: Mom, let's play "Hide and Secret."
______________________________________
B was playing the piano and almost fell off the piano bench it scared him. When normally he'd cry and freak out, I heard him say "Don't cry, Brayden...don't cry." then a little louder "Mom, I'm okay!"
______________________________________
I was explaining to Brayden the journey of food; how it goes in the mouth, down the throat, into the tummy, then we poop it out into the toilet. (I figure if he's smart enough to read, he's smart enough to be potty trained, right?) After I explained this all to him I was having him repeat it. I said "We put food in our..." And Brayden replied with "Mouth." "It goes down our..." "Throat and into our tummy. Then we poop it into the toilet. And then, a big giraffe comes!" Uh...kay? I know he understands what I'm saying. He just really doesn't mind having a poopy diaper.
You win some. You lose some.
______________________________________
Mom: Brayden, come here now! (after he hit his brother yet again.)
Brayden: What Mom? (oh so politely)
Mom: You need to be nice to your brother. Go give him a hug and say sorry.
Brayden: (Raising his hand to his forehead) Yes sir!
______________________________________
While reading to the boys at bedtime, Brayden looked out the window and said "Mom! There's the moon! It's a crescent today."
______________________________________
The other day I was working on the computer, and Brayden was playing with his toys on the floor. (Asher was sleeping.) Brayden randomly stopped what he was doing, came over to me and put his arm over my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes and said "Mom. We're friends. I love you." and gave me a kiss. Then he went back to playing. That is to date, my most precious moment as a mom thus far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway
This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...
-
On December 14, 2018, the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announced changes allowing my oldest son to receive th...
-
He's Here!! Asher Briggs was born 10-8-08. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everything is great! He is a really mellow...
-
I decided a while back that I was going to cut off my hair and donate it to locks of love. Then began the quest of finding out what hair sty...
4 comments:
glad my smart kid isn't the only one that wants nothing to do with the toilet. She literally runs screaming when I even suggest using the toilet.
Who'd have thought knowing what a crescent is was a big deal. I have middle schoolers who can't tell me when the moon is a crescent. Sigh.
That last comment is a heart melter for sure. What a sweet little guy!
I love them all! You need to post these all the time. I especially love the giraffe part. ha ha what a smart little boy!
Post a Comment