With the completion of this trip, I realized that I have checked off several of the things on my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list. I also realized that I haven't updated about it in awhile. I wanted to blog about it for my own record, and to document that I am still actively working on my list.
#3- Go to the temple 9 times in one year. DONE! I accomplished this in 2009. It was AWESOME!!
#10- Go on a trip alone with Sean. DONE! Although the end of this trip wasn't alone with Sean, the first 2 days were. We road tripped all the way to Mexico and hung out in Tijuana for a few hours. I consider that a trip alone with Sean. It was a blast!
#26 - Go on a picnic with the kids somewhere different and fun. DONE! I realize that I haven't blogged about this, but it was a blast anyway. Sometime in March, the weather was beautiful and we couldn't stay inside any longer. We packed a lunch and loaded the kids into the car. We drove to a park out by Cedar Hills Mall, so that they could play on a new playground. I think it's more fun for Sean and I to go to different parks than it is for the kids. They just play on the slides, regardless of where we're at!
#44- Burn all of our "family videos" onto DVD's for the kids to watch. DONE! I finally accomplished this daunting task about a month ago. I burned 2 copies of all of our videos, so that I can give a copy to a family member to store for us in case anything happens to ours. I have yet to do this part...but I will!
#53- Learn to tolerate broccoli, and try a new vegetable. DONE! I bought eggplant a few weeks ago and tried it out. I ended up breading it, frying it, then baking it and covering it with spaghetti sauce. It was actually really delicious. Even the kids liked it! How can you not like anything that is breaded and fried though, right? The broccoli thing...I cannot stand broccoli. It is entirely way to pungent, and it tastes disgusting. I know it's healthy for you though, so I have been wanting to like it. I've been working on this for the past 2 years, and I *finally* have it mastered. The trick? Eat it raw. It's WAY BETTER!!! Ugh...I cannot believe that I haven't tried it raw before! While in AZ, Aunt Cassie made a pasta salad. It had raw broccoli in it and to be polite, I ate some of it. Holy smokes...I didn't want to die. It was awesome!!
#57- Sew an apron and use it. DONE! I need to take a picture of my apron and post it, but I love it. I just finished it during this most recent conference. Yay!
#65- Become CPR Certified. DONE! While in AZ, I went to a CPR certification class with Uncle Rick. It was held at the church by a Physician in Uncle Rick's stake. It was free and although I hadn't preregistered, there were enough mannequins that I was able to participate. I passed the test and am now just waiting for my card in the mail.
#73- Meet Claire in person. DONE!! K...so I had a BLAST with Claire. Even though we didn't do anything super grandiose or spectacular, it was so nice to just hang out and watch our kids play together. It was fun getting to know each other, and we learned that we have even more things in common than we thought. Like the fact that when we're scolding our children we say "Look at my eyeballs!" haha, oh man, we had fun.
#75- Go to one new state or country. DONE! Mexico. 2 weeks ago. Awesome.
#77- Take the kids to Utah. DONE!! They had a blast. It definitely won't be the last time we go...that's for sure!
#81- See Amanda and Isaac. Partially done, but considering I saw Amanda, Haden, and Dillan? I'm considering it done. (Sorry Isaac!) We really wished that Isaac could have joined us in Cali, but his work schedule wouldn't allow him to come. (He's in the Air Force.) So, Amanda and her boys hung out with Sean me and our boys for 2 whole days. It was so great to finally meet her kiddos! Our kids got along great, which made it even more enjoyable. Nothing compares to hanging out with good friends. It's the best!
#86- Take a road trip and stop along the way at cool places to take photos. DONE! I accomplished this goal without consciously knowing I was passing off another thing on my list, but I'll still count it! The fact that we stopped tons to take pictures of the scenery, especially of the Grand Canyon marks this one off on my list. We also took pictures along the entire journey of the cacti, the red rock, etc. I just chose not to bore you with those photos :)

No comments:
Post a Comment