Thanksgiving Week was, as usual, amazing!! We got into Enumclaw Sunday afternoon. We had dinner and hung out with friends that were in town. Monday I went running in the morning with Alicia and Johnathan McGraw, then I went running later that morning with my boss-friend around Deep Lake, making my distance for that day just under 4 miles. That afternoon my sister, her 7 week old baby, and my Aunt Beth made a whirlwind trip back to Oregon to do some stuff that Sean and I neglected to do before we left. Oops.
Tuesday night the Harston girls went to the Folk's house and we worked on our annual Christmas Project. They had amazing food there for us and it was awesome. Wednesday I can't remember what we did...I'll come back to that.
Thursday, was Thanksgiving. That morning my sister Natalie, her boy Marcus, their friend Brad, Sean, Alicia, and I all woke up super early and headed out to Gig Harbor for the Turkey Trot. This whole shebang started out with me wanting to run a 5k. I invited my sister to run and she said "no way...but Brad will run!" So Brad signed up for the 5k, forcing me to sign up. Then it turns out they had friends running a different race only a few miles away, so we scratched the original race and decided to run this other one. Marcus decided to join in and both of the guys were running the 10k. Then they peer pressured me into running it as well. I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous about the 5k...but doubling it? That made me uber nervous. Anyway, long story short, I did it. And...drum roll please! I beat my last time!! What!? I know, right? This course was super hilly and I never run hills. I haven't really run in months...only a few times and none longer than 3 miles. I crossed the finish line at 1:01:14. (Video at the end of this blog.) My last time was 1:03:02. I can't even begin to understand it. I'm sure my spinning class has a lot to do with it but still, it just doesn't even make sense. My average pace was I think a 9:48. So cool!!!
Alright, enough of that....after the race we ate Thanksgiving Dinner. There were around 48 people at my parents house for that meal, and no shortage of food. It is quite amazing what the Harston's can throw together when we want to eat! No one leaves hungry, that's for sure. Thanksgiving evening 10 of us went and saw New Moon. It was good...cheesy, but good :) Friday I woke up super early and went Black Friday shopping with Alicia and Rebecca McGraw. We got lots of fun stuff but more importantly, we had a blast! And we didn't get caught in any super horrendous lines. We got lucky for sure! Saturday we went shooting. It was insane! We go shooting every year, but this year was intense. There were 24 people and 19 guns. It was awesome!!! Chris Folk brought his AR-15 and there were a couple other big hunting rifles so I didn't really waste my time on the smaller guns because they lose their appeal after you shoot the bigger stuff. After shooint Marcus took Natalie, Brad, Sean and I out to Cafe Panini...my fave restaurant of all time. Thanks Marcus! After that we just hung out and relaxed.
There were a million people sleeping at my parents house with everyone in town but we had a blast. The kids love love love playing with their cousins and the second we left and Brayden realized we were leaving "Een-caw Washington" he started crying saying "I wanna go to Eencaw Washington!" It was kinda sad but super cute. He loves it there. Both of the boys get spoiled and they really don't like coming home...kinda like their mama!
Tuesday night the Harston girls went to the Folk's house and we worked on our annual Christmas Project. They had amazing food there for us and it was awesome. Wednesday I can't remember what we did...I'll come back to that.
Thursday, was Thanksgiving. That morning my sister Natalie, her boy Marcus, their friend Brad, Sean, Alicia, and I all woke up super early and headed out to Gig Harbor for the Turkey Trot. This whole shebang started out with me wanting to run a 5k. I invited my sister to run and she said "no way...but Brad will run!" So Brad signed up for the 5k, forcing me to sign up. Then it turns out they had friends running a different race only a few miles away, so we scratched the original race and decided to run this other one. Marcus decided to join in and both of the guys were running the 10k. Then they peer pressured me into running it as well. I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous about the 5k...but doubling it? That made me uber nervous. Anyway, long story short, I did it. And...drum roll please! I beat my last time!! What!? I know, right? This course was super hilly and I never run hills. I haven't really run in months...only a few times and none longer than 3 miles. I crossed the finish line at 1:01:14. (Video at the end of this blog.) My last time was 1:03:02. I can't even begin to understand it. I'm sure my spinning class has a lot to do with it but still, it just doesn't even make sense. My average pace was I think a 9:48. So cool!!!
Alright, enough of that....after the race we ate Thanksgiving Dinner. There were around 48 people at my parents house for that meal, and no shortage of food. It is quite amazing what the Harston's can throw together when we want to eat! No one leaves hungry, that's for sure. Thanksgiving evening 10 of us went and saw New Moon. It was good...cheesy, but good :) Friday I woke up super early and went Black Friday shopping with Alicia and Rebecca McGraw. We got lots of fun stuff but more importantly, we had a blast! And we didn't get caught in any super horrendous lines. We got lucky for sure! Saturday we went shooting. It was insane! We go shooting every year, but this year was intense. There were 24 people and 19 guns. It was awesome!!! Chris Folk brought his AR-15 and there were a couple other big hunting rifles so I didn't really waste my time on the smaller guns because they lose their appeal after you shoot the bigger stuff. After shooint Marcus took Natalie, Brad, Sean and I out to Cafe Panini...my fave restaurant of all time. Thanks Marcus! After that we just hung out and relaxed.
There were a million people sleeping at my parents house with everyone in town but we had a blast. The kids love love love playing with their cousins and the second we left and Brayden realized we were leaving "Een-caw Washington" he started crying saying "I wanna go to Eencaw Washington!" It was kinda sad but super cute. He loves it there. Both of the boys get spoiled and they really don't like coming home...kinda like their mama!
The pictures that follow are in no particular order.
The video of me crossing the finish line. My last mile was my fastest mile...with an average pace of 8:30 according to my iPod. Marcus met me and ran the last quarter of a mile with me. I told him to push me, and he did! He sprinted it...and I kept up with him. It was so fun but I swear I thought I was gonna die. My legs were so numb! Ahh..I loved it!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Look at you you gun shootin', turkey eatin', run like wild fire, little GI Jane! Your Thanksgiving week sounds like it was amazing!
Looks like you had a pretty awesome Thanksgiving. As usual your family sure knows how to throw a party.
Looks like a great Thanksgiving weekend! There were some people in the pictures that I didn't recognize. There must have been another family there that I'm not familiar with. I loved the video of you running! For some reason every time I see people running across the finish line I always tear up. I don't know why. It presented a little bit of a problem for me when I used to interpret Cross Country, as you might imagine!!!
Post a Comment