Freezer Jam


I've had a few people ask me how I made my freezer jam with only 1 1/2 cups of sugar. I can't take the credit...my mom told me about it...but this is how! I used the pectin that's shown in the picture. I bought it at Thriftway (my Mom bought hers at Winco) for $1.85. You mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar with the pectin until it's well mixed. Then you add 4 cups of berries and stir it for 3 minutes. DONE! Seriously, it was SOOOO easy, I couldn't believe I'd never done it before. It filled two 1 1/2 pint freezer jam containers (also found at Thriftway and Winco). 3 pints of fresh strawberry jam with only 1 1/2 cups of sugar? It's DELICIOUS!!! The recipe says that it stays good in the fridge up to 3 weeks and in the freezer for up to a year. Sean was nervous that we wouldn't go through the 1st container within 3 weeks. Well...it's been less than a week and there's about a half inch left in the bottom of the first container. Yes...it's that good! It's berry season here in the Northwest...so go pick some fresh berries then make some jam! Or as Brayden would say... "Joomy!"

1 comment:

Parkin Family said...

Thank you!!!!! Now I'll just have to find it!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...