5 days and counting

I don't know if I've gone into details about the move on my blog so I will just really quick. We got a job as the managers of a townhouse complex of 42 units. We were supposed to be able to move in sometime in June, but it turns out that the other managers weren't leaving until July 1st, pushing our date out a couple more weeks. However, the complex has an empty unit and the owner wants us to move into that unit for 5 weeks so that we can get trained on what we're doing before the current managers leave. That's okay with me! It means we have to move twice, but the first move will just be the essentials. We won't actually move in all of our stuff from storage until July when we're in the actual apartment. I am definitely okay with this. We cannot wait to get out on our own, and if moving twice means we get to move out 5 weeks sooner, as well as some real training, I'll take it!

So...


We officially get the keys to our new place on Wednesday!!! I CANNOT WAIT! I just packed our first box and I cannot even TELL you how freakin stoked I am. We are definitely going to miss the ward a lot, but we're also looking forward to starting new somewhere else. I'm just glad that it's close enough that we can still hang out with our friends. We don't have to start completely from scratch, and that will be nice :)

6 comments:

Claire said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! You better post tons of pictures of your awesome new place. Hopefully I can come visit you soon and see it all in person.

Lanae said...

Jeremiah's blog: brittandjerm.blogspot.com
At the side column is "Heidi's Handful" Jeremiah & Nathaniel's mom

Lanae said...

PS Congrats on the move!

Anonymous said...

OH I'm SO excited for you guys :) I can only imagine how great that feels to be getting out on your own again. I can't wait to come visit you there, too!!!
I'll be calling you soon . . .
and I might be at the market with Todd tomorrow too so maybe I will see you there!!!

Maria said...

Kim!! I can't believe you have 2 kids! Congratulations, I guess it's been a while. You look like you're doing wonderful and how great you get to move. We're in NJ right now and it's always nice to start fresh :) I'm glad I found you through Jackie's blog!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

so where exactly are you moving too? You need to email me and let me know, you might be in our stake at least! We live in the beaverton oregon west stake, in the farmington ward. some of our ward covers aloha, but I don't know about apartments. anyway, at least you'll be a little closer!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...