Thanksgiving Weekend

We had an awesome few days in Enumclaw!! There was a ton of family in town for the holiday. We played lots of games, ate tons of food (5 turkeys and 20+ pies to be exact) and had a blast. We went running, swimming, and shooting. And on Saturday, some of us girls worked on gifts that we're giving as Christmas presents. We had a blast! Brayden loved playing with his cousins and aunts and uncles and...drum roll please... we weaned him off of his paci!! It was all motivated by Mom (thank you!) and once we got there, we just hid it. He was so distracted with everyone and so tired by the time he went down that I don't think he missed it. I think it will be more of a challenge now that we're home and he's realizing that he doesn't have it but oh well! I threw it away so I"m not tempted to give it to him. When he wakes up from his naps, he always looks for it so it will be hard for the next few days with him not ever finding it! Oh well...we're on the right track though. :)

Here are some pictures from the weekend. And by some, I mean a lot!
Lance, Kyle and Brayden
It's tradition in our family that after we've eaten all the turkey we can, we pig pile on the couch.
This is all that would fit out of the 27 people there. :)The spread of pies

Kayla holding Asher
When we went swimming, my brothers thought it was funny to put a bucket over there heads so they could breath under water. This is Scott under with a bucket over his head.
We had the Turkey Shoot again on Friday this year. It wasn't nearly as cold as last year so it was nice! Sean and I got to leave the boys home with my mom so it was nice that we both got to go together again!




(We liked to pose with the guns a lot this year apparently.)
This is a picture of my cousin Kalyn that came and visited from Virginia. It was so great to see her!!
Sean and I...I think this is the only picture we've gotten of the 2 of us together in oh, I don't know...3 years?

My awesome daddy!!
My handsome husband :)
My really weird sister :) Just kidding...she had this beany and found these goggles so we had fun with them...as you can see in the next few pictures!
(I was getting my bum pinched) Me and Natalie having fun with the CameraiThe crew! (minus me, the photographer. That always happens!)
One night before the kids went to bed my mom broke out a bunch of glowsticks. I think the adults had more fun with them than the kids did! Here are some pictures I took while messing with my camera's settings.



and a picture of Asher, because he's so dang cute!

6 comments:

Courtney B said...

you totally didn't put the way awesome picture of you up.. what's up with that?

it looks like so much fun! i am glad you got to spend so much time up there (even if it didn't feel like long enough). i love you!

andreamichelle said...

That is a lot of turkey and pie!
It looks like you have a fun family. Some how we are related (i've forgotten how since we figured out once back in college) but my side of the family definately isn't as close and fun as yours. we are pretty boring people... :) I'm lucky though, cause Ryan has a big family that gets together like that for holidays and such. you look like you had a fun time. happy late thanksgiving. (sorry, my comment is kinda long :) )

Claire said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Your glow stick pictures turned out awesome. I love the one with all the colours in a circle. Good luck with the paci thing. I still haven't worked up the courage to take Celia's away... send some of your courage my way!! :D

Anonymous said...

I love all the shooting pics of you and your family, what a fun tradition!!!

Happy belated Thanksgiving :)

Kia and Natalie said...

Dude that was such a fun week!!! Those glow stick ones turned out cool. You know that first one you posted of me with the glasses? I showed it to Charlie and he said if i ever started a band that should be my album cover. It was so funny!! I love you and cant wait to see you at Christmas!!!

McKenzie said...

It looks like you had an awesome Thanksgiving! You sooo do not look like you've had 2 kids--- so cute!!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...