Asher Briggs Janeway

He's Here!! Asher Briggs was born 10-8-08. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everything is great! He is a really mellow baby, especially compared to Brayden. He hardly ever cries. Brayden loves him. He loves to go look at him and just stare. My parents are in town to help us out for a little bit which is so nice.

The delivery went well... I was in the hospital for 2 hours before he was born, and only had to push for 7 minutes. I know, I'm extremely lucky. My epidural didn't kick in until about 5 minutes before I started to push so I definitely felt a lot of pain, but overall, I can't complain about the delivery. He was born face up so his head isn't shaped funky, he just has a bruise on his forehead. He is a beautiful baby. He nurses well and we are so blessed! I haven't gotten any sleep yet, but hopefully that will start tonight. I'm so glad he's here!!! Welcome Asher!!





16 comments:

Courtney B said...

man, those photos look good ;)
i love ya!
(as i am sitting in your living room with you right now... hehehe)

licketysplit said...

too precious! congrats!

Brandon and Emily said...

Congrats! He is sooo handsome!

Claire said...

Courtney did a FABULOUS job!! When I have my next baby, I'm going to have to hire her to fly down here to take pictures. Maybe the two of you could come together!!! :D It would be so fun. She did a great job.

And you missy, you did a great job too! Look at that little guy! I'm the proudest Godmother there ever was! He's beautiful. And you look so stinking gorgeous. I wish I could look that good after giving birth.

Darren and Traci said...

CONGRATS!!! That is an awesome labor even if the epidural didn't kick in until right before the delivery. He already looks like a total stud and you are looking way too good to have just pushed out a baby in those pics ;) Congrats again! I don't have any plans to come to Oregon anytime soon but when I do come I'm totally going to come and visit and snuggle on that new baby of yours.

Lanae said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! These pictures are so precious. In each one there is so much feeling. It is really so special.

The Bee Family said...

Kim- He is so cute! You have a cute family. I'm glad that all went well. I miss you tons and I wish that I could be there to see him. I yoye you

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm happy for you that things went so well! He's SO cute. It's crazy to think that we're all moms now.

Verenice said...

Yah! He's here. Call us when it is okay to come over :)

Parkin Family said...

Congratulations! I love the last picture the most. You are lucky that your parents could come!

Haden's Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for all of you. I hope that all is well with your little family. I can't wait to meet both your boys now.

John and Cathryn said...

Was Asher the name the family didn't like? I think it's cool because it's unique. Who wants a name everyone else has? He's a cutie. Congrats!

Stephanie Vogel said...

Kim! Your are gorgeous after giving birth, dang girl! Asher is adorable, congrats I am so happy for you!

Stephanie Vogel

Zach 'n' Jack said...

congrats Kim!!! I found your blog through blog hopping friends of friends.... Hope you are having fun with your new baby boy, congrats again! - Jackie

Justin and Stacey said...

Kim, congrats! What a beautiful little family you have. How is it being a mom of two?? Good luck, and glad to see you guys are doing well. Can't wait to see more of your little boys!

PS. Braden looks like your brothers!

andreamichelle said...

i know you probably won't see this comment, i just discovered your blog... I love these pictures, they are perfect. I've NEVER seen pictures in the delivery room that I liked and I love this enough to actually consider having someone do something like this for me... we will see.

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...