Flashback Friday



This is my cousin Robin, my sister Natalie, and me in Antioch California. This was either the summer of '98 or '99. My family took a 2 week long road trip (11 of us, in a non-airconditioned 12 passenger van.) We drove from Enumclaw to Provo, then to Parowan UT for a family reunion. We then drove to Vegas to stay with my Aunt and Uncle for the night. We left at 4am, drove through Death Valley, stayed at a KOA campground for a couple nights, then stayed at another Aunt and Uncle's house in Antioch. We got to go to Monterrey Bay Aquarium, and my older siblings and Dad got to go SCUBA diving. We then drove up the coast back to Enumclaw. I LOVED that trip. Even though it was miserable in the car, we had so much fun! We made so many memories, and met so many cousins at the reunion and just had a blast. That was the last vacation that my entire family (meaning parents and sibs) went on together. I hope I remember it forever!

5 comments:

Verenice said...

You were cute Kim!

Ksenia said...

I cannot believe you took that long of a road trip with 11 people in the car and no AC!!!!! Your parents were so brave. I hope I can be a crazy parent like that :) Those kinds of times have become my favorite memories too.

Erin said...

It's crazy that I know your cousins! I lived in Antioch for a year and a half, and I knew Jay and Robin. In fact, the only accident I've ever been in was getting rear ended by Jay!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

hey kim! cute pics!! oh to be young again :)
Anyway..hope you are doing well!! Call me sometime!! We need to chat more often!!
miss you! Are you coming to Washington anytime soon?

Mandee said...

I love road trips! Sounds like so much fun. I can't believe it's already time for another "Flashback Friday"... I need to go to bed or it's going to be hard to get the girls ready for play group in the morning. See ya!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...