Keith and Courtney Visit!

I'm super behind on my blog and I'm realizing that it's more important that I get things posted quickly than thoroughly, so, here is my attempt at this.

Keith and Courtney came to visit! They were here for two full weeks and we had an absolute BLAST. We went hiking to the lava, went to the summit of Mauna Kea, went hiking, swimming, fishing, surfing, jumped at South Point and saw dolphins and a seal there. We saw the caldera from the Devastation Trail side, went to Narnia, watched a sunset from a rooftop in Kona, went to Honaunau, Punalu'u, Hapuna Beach, Akaka Falls, and more. It was a blast and I am so grateful that they were able to come hang out with us for so long! It was the first time the kids got to meet Aunt Courtney and they fell in love with her. We are so lucky to have her as a part of this family!

Now for the photos, in no particular order:


Keith was blowing bubbles and the kids were target practicing with their squirt guns. It was hilarious.

Narnia




Rooftop Sunset












Hiking to the lava flow deserves to be a post in and of itself. But I don't want to take the time to do it now so I will hopefully get to it eventually. But just in case I don't, this was genuinely a once in a lifetime opportunity. We hiked 9 miles round trip to see active, flowing, glowing, HOT lava. It was falling off a cliff into the ocean. Then it started to rain and the hardened lava bed we were standing on started sizzling. We roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over the lava and they were the best tasting ever. (We found out later this was illegal. Oops.) We had such an incredible time, and I'm so blessed that Keith and Courtney were here to do it with us! 






Lava Monster!











See her new gecko friend in her hand?


The drive up to the Summit of Mauna Kea.






At the top! Court got altitude sickness. Not fun, but still such a fun memory!

Keith is drinking out of the Big Dipper!


My buddy at Kolekole





Sand Castles at Hapuna Beach



Keibo's throne


Come back again someday Keith and Courtney!

No comments:

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...