Asher Designs

As I mentioned last week, Asher took an interest in sewing. I posted a picture on Instagram, and Grandma Harston commented saying "I want a pillow case made by Asher Designs." I told Asher that and his eyes lit up as he said "Can we!? Can we make her a pillow case!?" So I broke out some fabric and a pillow case to use as a pattern, and we went to town. I helped and assisted, but Asher did most of the work. He measured, ironed, pinned, sewed (including threading the machine, backstitching and pivoting on the corners), cut off the excess material and flipped it right side out. He was so happy and diligent through the entire process. He made one, then the next day wanted to make a second one so that he and Grandma could have matching pillow cases.

I am so proud of him, and his desire to learn and create. He has a zest for life and creativity that is unmatched! I sure do love you, Asher!









3 comments:

Claire said...

Cutest. Thing. Ever. I love him!! And now I want a pillow case. I am willing to pay him to make me one. Is he taking new clients?

andreamichelle said...

that is so fun! You have inspired me, I think I will have Ethan make a pillowcase, he has been so bored lately and this would be a good, easy project.

Heather Rae said...

lookin good Asher! Nice work!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...