Cool Stuff

I've been meaning to blog about Saturday, September 21, for awhile but haven't found the time. Now, 2 weeks later, I'm finally doing it :)

There was an all day CERT field exercise out at the TVF&R Training Center in Sherwood. I really wanted to go but didn't want to leave Maverick all day. I emailed the guy heading it up and he said "Bring your baby along! He'd be there in real life and we're practicing for real life!" So...I did :)  Maverick and I had so much fun! He was doted on and ended up being dubbed the "youngest CERT member". We both worked hard that day! Me on my radio, and him sleeping away in the Ergo front pack. While we were debriefing at the end of the day (which was fun and successful!) I had Maverick laying on the chair next to me and was tickling his sides. He laughed!! He had a big smile on his face and sound came out and it was beautiful. I'm so grateful for the novelty that never wears off when your baby does something for the first time. First smile. First laugh. First time he rolls over. It is such an amazing experience. Maverick is an amazingly good baby. He's happy and content and he sleeps decently well and eats like a champ. He's growing and is healthy. I have no complaints about him whatsoever. But that giggle still just melted me. He has laughed several times since that, and each time I just die. (in a good way.) He is so precious!!

While Mack and I were gone, Sean took the older 3 boys on the 4T trail. It's Trail, Trolly, Tram, Train. They were gone for 6 hours, hiked 3 miles, and took lots of pictures. They had a blast and the occasional rainfall only added to their fun adventure. He sure does know how to have fun with them!








On the Tuesday, the 24th, I was able to successfully run my first post-baby mile! I did it in 11:22. It was hard. But it was soooo liberating! I had the biggest high afterwards. I maybe shed a tear or two. This run was so symbolic of so many things. The steroids and withdrawals no longer had the ability to hold me back. I have the strength and mind power to start on this journey of health and being fit. I have been really struggling these past couple months with my self-esteem. I feel like I'm in a fat suit. I usually can jump out of my post baby body pretty quickly, but this time I only gained weight after he was born. I didn't have the joint strength or stamina to get out and exercise, and the steroids still messed up my sleep, appetite, and blood sugar levels. 2 days later I ran the exact same mile but I did it in 11 minutes flat. Such a blessing to be able to get back into running! I feel like a new chapter in my life is unfolding.

No comments:

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...