Brayden's Birthday Weekend

Brayden,

You had quite the birthday weekend! We didn't do a party or anything, but we sure did have fun! For yours  and Everett's birthdays we got a free bowling game and $10 for each of you to the arcade at the bowling alley. This Saturday we went as a family and cashed them in! You boys had a blast and you keep asking when we get to go again. 

Sunday before church we made your cake, then after church you got to decorate it. This was a tradition I had growing up (that we got to make and decorate our own cake) and I loved it. Licking the bowl was the best part! You had a blast doing this and I think it's a tradition we'll adopt into our family :) 






We went out to Grandma and Grandpa Janeway's for dinner. Grandma and Grandpa Janeway, Aaron, Tyler, Uncle Ryan, Uncle Josh, and Cynthia were all there to celebrate with you. Your cousins got you and Everett these awesome super hero costumes. You guys wouldn't take them off. It was adorable. 



After dinner we had cake and s'mores around the campfire. Does it get better than that?


Grandma and Grandpa got you a scooter for your birthday. You LOVE it! You ask to ride it all.of.the.time. And yes, we let you ride it on your birthday without your helmet since we didn't have it with us.

I think your brothers enjoy it as much as you do!

So today is your real birthday. You woke up soo excited! While Dad was making waffles for breakfast, you got to open your presents. I *love* how expressive you are!


Lego Ninjago!

You've been playing with these for the past 2 hours and there is no sign of you stopping. You are in little boy heaven. It was the only thing you asked for and I'm so glad we got it for you. You are really good at looking at the pictures to figure out how to put it together, and only needed a little bit of help.


You get to pick what we eat for dinner tonight. You're choice? Gorilla Munch cold cereal and chocolate milk. This pregnant Mama doesn't have to cook? Done! Good thing we did cake on Sunday so we don't have to completely overdose on sugar today :)

Brayden, I am still in denial that you are SIX! You are growing into such a caring, considerate, compassionate, loving young man. You are smart and funny and love to play. You love to read and you like to follow the rules...generally :) You are reading at the benchmark level for end of first grade, and I don't know if I mentioned this on my blog yet or not but you got accepted into the Arco Iris full Spanish immersion charter school for 1st grade. You are sooo excited to go and learn more Spanish, and you are really looking forward to going to a new school! 

As per tradition from last year, I asked you 21 questions. Here are your answers! (The words in the parenthesis are mine.)

1. What is your favorite color? Black. Then dark blue and dark red. Cuz those are awesome.
2. What is your favorite toy? Lego Ninjago
3. What is your favorite fruit? Mango
4. What is your favorite TV show? Jake and the Neverland Piarates
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and Cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? My batman shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Super Smash Brothers
8. What is your favorite snack? Pirate's Booty
9. What is your favorite animal? Tiger, Lion and Horse. But let's say horse because I like riding it. It's fun.
10. What is your favorite song? The Happy Birthday song
11. What is your favorite book? Aladdin
12. Who is your best friend? Jackson
13. What is your favorite cereal? Gorilla Munch
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Riding my scooter
15. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? My Birthday!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My baby blankie
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cold Cereal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Gorilla Munch and chocolate milk
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a cowboy and a surfer
21. What is your favorite thing to do inside? Watch a show or play xbox.

Your father and I love you so much Brayden! We are so proud of who you are becoming and you are such a great big brother. You bring us so much joy and laughter and we hope the next 6 years don't fly as fast as the past 6 have. 

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

6 years old! Crazy! Love that you let him decorate his cake, what a fun idea! Pretty sure I'm going to need to start that tradition. No pressure for a perfect cake and they love it all the more because they did it! And arco iris-awesome! I have several friends with kids going there that love it. We have Ethan signed up for the Spanish immersion program for his kindergarten class at school. it's a lottery but his odds are good so hopefully we get in.

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...