Fun Run

Friday was Aloha Huber Park's Annual Fun Run Fundraiser. The Kindergartener's had the track for 20 minutes, and the parents/families were invited to come watch and encourage their children while they ran. It started at 10:30 am, but seeing as Oregon is experiencing an exceptionally warm and dry  awesome summer, it was already fairly warm.

The track isn't a regular track, it's more a path around the field covered in bark chips, but it is about the same size as a track. Brayden ran EIGHT laps in those 20 minutes! That's equal to 2 miles, or 2 10-minute miles! He absolutely blew my mind. I ran the last 2 laps with him. I thought I'd get up on the track with him and kind of just do a leisurely jog. Wrong. I actually had a pretty good clip going to keep up with him! Brayden ran the first 7 laps without stopping, then towards the end of the 7th lap he said "I'm really thirsty." So we stopped at the water table, he took a big drink, and off he was again to finish lap 8. The last lap he had to stop a lot more. Practically everyone else was walking, so he had to keep slowing down to go around people. I think he was grateful for the excuse to not be running. He was pretty tired. He probably walked half of the last lap and ran the rest of it. I could not believe that he did that well! I was so proud of him, and am ecstatic to have a little running buddy. And you better believe I'm taking him out with me!










1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

oh.my.goodness. Those pictures are to die for. I see cross country in that boys future!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...