Vacation - Part 1

We just got back from a 12 day family vacation to Washington/ Alberta, Canada. It was such an adventure! It was full of fun activities and I can’t wait to get it all blogged. Bear with me while I bombard this blog with stories and pictures. 

We started off our journey by leaving 2 days earlier than planned. We decided last minute that we’d like to go to Enumclaw for Father’s Day. So instead of leaving Monday morning, we left Saturday evening, after going to Brooklyn’s Baptism, and Arlo’s birthday party.

Brooklyn's baptism was beautiful. Michael gave the talk on Baptism and he did such a great job! Then Michael, Brooklyn, Tyler, Jack, Jane and Brayden all sang "I Like to Look for Rainbows." They did a fantastic job!

We arrived in Enumclaw around 9:30 pm. The entire family was there except Kyle, Dylan and Heather. Then, after dinner on Sunday, Heather surprised Dad by showing up! It was SO fun having (almost) everyone all together!


These are flowers off of the Dogwood tree that my parents have planted in their back yard. It is planted just off the walk that was slowly trudged into the grass between our house and Grandma's. It was given to us my a family friend (the Gamblin's) as a reminder of Grandma. It blooms the time of year that she passed away. This year marked one year, and I am again reminded of how grateful and blessed we are to know that families are forever.


I love this picture! Jenny was taking pictures of my parents and her daughter Kelsey wanted to be in the picture as well. Isn't she a doll? My parents are the coolest. I love this picture!


This is typically what mowing the lawn looks like at my parents house. You can't really get on the lawn mower without a bunch of little kids coming out to hitch a free ride. Haha, they love it!

While we were there, I decided to let Jenny cut Everett’s hair. I was in denial that he needed it, but alas, the day came. I was so sad to see his curls go, but he looks so handsome with his new do!







Part Two...coming soon!

2 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

OH MY GOSH!! YOU CUT OFF HIS CURLS!!! YOU ARE A BRAVE MAMA!!!

Heather Rae said...

Keep it coming!!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...