A few weeks ago, Mom, Lisa, William and I, along with some of Lisa's Laurels (and leaders) all signed up for the Seattle St. Patty's Day Dash. We used it as motivation to get out and run. It worked! (Mostly :) ) We had SO much fun and can't wait to sign up for another race!
 |
| This is the Seattle skyline that greeted us at 7:15 the morning of... The typical dark and dreary day! |
 |
| The Crew! |
 |
| There were some funny (and soo weird) costumes there. Mom bumped into this gorilla at the beginning of the race, and at the end of the race, he saw here and came up to her and gave her a huge hug. I so wish I had had my camera! It was so funny to see this tall gorilla hugging Mom. Bahaha I hope I never lose that memory. |
 |
| The Death March. Walking to the starting line... It was so cold and rainy! William was clearly excited :) |
 |
| I don't know why, but I love this picture. Lacey, Lisa, and McKenzie! |
 |
| "Sister, Sisters" |
 |
| And we're off! I have no idea where any of us are in this picture, but it gives you an idea of how many people were there. Nearly 7,500 people in the 2 chip-timed heats. Then there were 2 more untimed heats that were uncounted. It was insane! |
 |
| At the finish line, in the snow!! |
It was snowing a TON by the time we left Seattle. But, we all survived, and Mom kicked our bums. With the exception of William (who ran it in 28 minutes) and Lacey who is a cross country runner, Mom beat everyone else! I couldn't believe how fast she took off at the finish line, and she never slowed down! Mom did the 4 miles in 36.5 minutes, I did it in 38 minutes, and Lisa did it in 39.5 minutes. Next time, I might train harder, just so I can say that my 52 year old mother didn't totally show me up. She's a rock star!
1 comment:
Great pictures Kim! Way to go!
Post a Comment