Jet Skiing at Sauvie Island

A couple weekends ago we had the opportunity to go jet skiing with Sean's brother and his family. We went up to Sauvie Island and played on the Columbia. We.had.a.blast. It was the most fun that we've had in a long time. I say "we", but maybe I should say "I". Other than Ryan and Heidi, I was the only other person that had my boater's license, which meant I was the only other one allowed to drive. Ryan and Heidi get to go a lot, so they let me be on the jet ski for almost the entire time. I got to drive around the peninsula after we got them in the water (about a 20 minute trek), then I got to take the kids for their cruises, and I got some time to play by myself. I got it up to 60 and had a blast!! After I nursed Everett and got him to sleep, I took Sean out for a spin. (Sean was a CHAMP for staying on the beach and watching the kids while I had my fun. I very much appreciate him and his selflessness at times like these!) While Sean and I were out, there was a huge 5 story tall paddle boat that we rode the wake of for awhile. It was really cool! After getting it up to 55 with Sean, he decided he wanted to take off his life jacket and do some back flips. So I held the boat at about 15 mph while Sean did back flip after back flip into the water. It was fun to be able to share that experience with him. Sean loves the water, and he loves adrenaline rushes! It was a fun way for us to be able to spend time together that we were both having a blast! I cannot wait to get back out on the water. I am SO glad that Ryan and Heidi invested in 2- 3 person jet skiis and hope to have more experiences like this in the future. Thank you Ryan and Heidi for letting us come join you!!
They had an ice cream boat. It was playing the ice cream man song and everything!

Brooklyn, me and Asher, about to go for a ride!

I think it's technically illegal for someone to ride in front of me, but I felt more comfortable having Asher in front of me than behind me. He had a blast "driving"!

Mikey found a snake in the shrubs. The kids had a blast playing with it for awhile. I love how entranced Asher was by it. He thought it was the coolest thing!

Look at that chocolate covered face. Isn't he just adorable!?


1 comment:

Heather Rae said...

looks like you had such a blast! Asher is so comfortable with that snake! Good thing it played nice...

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...