Our plan Wednesday evening was to drive to Ryan and Heidi's, then head up to Enumclaw. I was upstairs feeding Everett one last time before we got into the car, and Sean was downstairs loading the van. I told the boys to go get into their carseats. A few minutes later I heard a loud THUD. Sean didn't react and there was no screaming so I just figured Sean dropped something. Then the screaming came. Asher was playing in his carseat...he was standing up looking backwards, and when he turned to sit down, his foot got caught in the seat belt. He fell, face first, from his carseat, onto the driveway. Sean was rounding the corner to see what the thud was right as Asher started screaming. He had a nice bunch of cuts on his forehead, his nose was scraped up, and his eyelid was extremely swollen...to the point where we thought he busted his eye socket. We finished getting the kids in the car and headed to Immediate Care. I took him in and after a thorough examination, the doctor said that there were no skull fractures, and he didn't have a concussion. He was perfectly fine! WHAT. A. BLESSING. He told me to ice it (if Asher would let me...which he didn't) and to wake him up every 4 hours that night to make sure that he could in fact wake up. Then, off to Ryan and Heidi's we went! I was grateful that we were able to continue on with our normal lives and not have to go up to the hospital for a CT scan, stitches, or anything else more dramatic. Thank goodness for children and their resilience!!! The morning after, Asher was back to his normal, energetic personality. It hasn't slowed him down even a little bit! He does like to look in the mirror and admire his purple eye.
Boys will be Boys.
![]() |
| About 45 minutes after it happened...in the Dr's Office |
![]() |
| 24 hours later |
![]() |
| Day 3 |
![]() |
| Day 3 |
![]() |
| Day 4 |
![]() |
| Day 5 (today) |
![]() |
| Brayden wanted some of the camera's attention. Isn't he so handsome!? |
![]() |
| Brayden and Asher...my goofy, happy boys! |
And yes...I am nervous to take him in public...in fear of angry stares from strangers that think I abuse my child.
4 comments:
Oh aren't black eyes fun? Heber got one too about a week and a half ago and its just now losing all the extra color. I'm glad Asher didn't have any complications.
That looks so painful! It really is amazing how resilient little ones are. Glad you got to go on your trip and that the black eye was just a small setback!
Oh man! That is one serious black eye. Good thing he is okay. I know how you feel about the public. I was nervous, they wouldn't let me take Eli home with me after two huge forehead bumps from the rocks in my parent's backyard and a rug burn on his cheek from a fall. Yikes.
Wow poor little guy! It's good to hear he didn't have a concussion..what's up with little boys falling out of cars lately? Remember I told you the story of my nephew? And yes by the way Brayden is way handsome!
Post a Comment