I don't know if I've blogged about our garden yet or not, but I know I haven't posted pictures. Mostly because I've been horrible at taking pictures lately. Sean spoke with our neighbor that owns the lot behind our townhouse complex. He asked if we could use his backyard for a garden. Lo and behold, the guy said Yes! So Sean has spent countless hours out there killing the grass, plowing the dirt, fertilizing, incorporating in better dirt, etc. He has planted raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, rhubarb, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, and basil. The bugs and squirrels got to the strawberries before we could but everything else seems to be holding up. (Maybe because they aren't ripe yet?) Anyway, I just took some pictures of how things are looking now and I wanted to post them before I forgot!
 |
| Baby Zucchini -- We have about 12 of these growing! |
 |
| Tomatoes -- we have 3 different varieties, and all are growing well so far |
 |
| Rhubarb -- Sean transported dirt from my parents gigantic rhubarb patch and put it around our rhubarb here since that is what they were used to. They are flourishing! Only 1 or 2 more weeks before I can make a rhubarb crisp from rhubarb out of our own garden! Yay!!! |
 |
| Cucumber -- I only see one of these so far. We'll see if we get more than one |
 |
| Bell Pepper - We have 3 or 4 bell pepper plants but only 2 peppers growing so far. |
 |
| Blueberries -- I just realized that this pic is a little blurry. Oh well. You get the idea. We've been eating the blueberries every day and they are AMAZING! They are so good. We only have had about 4 or 5 a day so far but I can't wait til they are all ripe! |
|
|
The strawberries are past their season and the raspberries won't grow this year. Hopefully next. Soon, I'll be blogging about our chickens (that are HUGE) and the RAD coop that Sean is building. He's a rockstar! We need to own some land someday... we are having way too much fun!!
Not bad for our first time ever gardening, right? I'm so excited to eat everything!!
3 comments:
this is so exciting! I'm a little jealous. looks so good!
It looks so good! Much better than the dirt patch I saw when I was up there :) Good work you guys!
Post a Comment