I haven't blogged in forever. I'm not sure why. I really haven't had the drive or energy to. However, I have LOTS to blog about! So, I should probably get started :)
January 15th, on our drive up to Enumclaw (actually about 60 seconds from my parent's house) we were rear-ended. LOOONNG story short, we were all fine, our car was totaled, and we ended up getting a minivan. We had planned to get one with our tax return this year, since we need one with the third baby on the way but this allowed it to happen sooner rather than later. We were looking forward to having 2 vehicles, but we.)will definitely survive with the one. We ended up getting a 2001 Toyota Sienna with 88,000 miles on it from a family about 20 minutes from us. We were able to pay cash, which was a HUGE blessing. That definitely would not have been a possibility without the accident, so it really was a blessing in disguise. We are hoping that after our Tax Return this year that we can be debt free... Fingers crossed!!! Still a huge "hope" but one that I hope comes true.
I am 30 weeks pregnant today! This pregnancy has been so extremely different than the other two. This one has been going by so fast, but that's probably due to the fact that I'm chasing after two young kids! This pregnancy has been way more emotional for me...but physically (minus the chronic exhaustion) has been my favorite. I am not uncomfortable in any way yet, and I am not *super* anxious for him to get here. I'm okay with the fact that I still have 10 weeks! He (who is still unnamed) isn't really a kicker, but he is a roller. In fact today, I felt a little bit seasick today because he was rolling around so much! The boys absolutely adore their little brother. They come up to me about 5 times a day and say "I wanna say hi to my brother." So I lift my shirt and they pat, kiss, hug, and talk to my belly. Asher always says "The baby is hungry" or "the baby is crying" and then he says "I'll fix it." He brings imaginary food and puts it on my belly, or he rocks the "baby" in his arms (signing the word baby). They can't wait to meet him! We still haven't figured out a name...at all... and we don't seem to be getting any closer. Brayden wants to call him "Rone-ster" but that probably won't happen :)
I've sucked at taking pictures this pregnancy. So unfortunately I don't have any to post, but I hope to get some soon!
Brayden is thriving in preschool. He loves going and has grown so much socially, emotionally, and artistically since he started in September. His imagination is expanding, and he is so interactive with the kids. I get to parent help twice a month in his class and I'm thrilled that he doesn't cling to me the entire time. He is getting to be an independent boy and it is exciting to witness. He is very kind to all of his classmates, and is respectful of those around him. He doesn't mind sharing his toys (most of the time) and he raises his hand to answer questions instead of shouting out the answers. I'm not sure how long that will last but I am very proud of him and the boy he is growing into.
Asher is our little comic. He loves to pull faces, make jokes, and laugh hysterically. His favorite question to ask is "Are you happy?" and the answer better be yes because if it isn't, he'll ask you 100 times until you say yes. Then he smiles and wanders off to play with whatever toy he is interested in for the day. He tends to pick a toy in the morning and have that be his sidekick all day. It changes every day though, which is entertaining. We are in the throes of the "Terrible Twos" with tantrums, defiance, and testing the limits which has been exhausting for us all but hopefully we'll make it through successfully. He loves to read books, and he loves to move! He is still super active and loves climbing, jumping, dancing, and anything else that requires energy.
They both love to read, and they are best of friends, worst of enemies. It is amazing how quickly it can go between the two, but I remember oh so well that it's all a part of having siblings that you are close in age to. I hope they survive each other :)
No comments:
Post a Comment