We had our 2nd Annual Glen Harston Family Reunion at Ocean Shores again this year. And, as usual, it was epic. We stayed in the same cabin as last year, and the entire Glen Harston family (minus Quinn but including the soon-to-be-in-our-family Dylan) was there. It was fantastic! We attempted to build a Space Needle sand castle, which was a fail, but Mom made a fantastic work of art with the sand and a rake. A lot of us attempted skim boarding, and some (Dylan and William) actually got really good. We played lots of games, ate tons of food, and had a blast in the hot tub. We fed the kids warheads as entertainment, and had a blast collecting sand dollars on the beach in the early morning hours. We flew kites, mountain boarded in the sand behind Lisa's SUV, and when she was told "You couldn't hit a seagull if you tried" well, she tried and she did. Dylan graciously finished the job with a shovel while we all pretended not to watch. We went "caving" in the jetty, found some pink, unscathed Coach sunglasses, and some even built a wind wall out of drift wood and had a campfire on the sand. We saw a humpback whale feeding about 100 yards out into the Pacific, took family pictures in our homemade family reunion shirts, and only had to dig 1 car out of the sand. It was an amazing week!
Brayden LOVED flying the kite
Heather Rae and Dylan down in a cave in the jetty
Dylan sporting the shades HR found at the bottom of the cave
Keibo's turn!
Lisa and Kayla watching a seal play in the surf
Natalie, Dylan, HR, Kayla, Lisa walking back to the car
Lisa eating a warhead
Dylan and HR braiding Natalie's hair
Mom wrote "HARSTON" in the sand. It was SO cool.
Natalie, after a fall from skimboarding
HR, same thing haha
HR and Dylan watching the seagulls. This picture totally reminds me of American Gothic...anyone?
Kyle skimming...
...and falling.
Iam doing a 360
William almost falling
Scott did it!
William biffed it
Even Tyce tried it!
He was fearless
I made sure they got a picture of me to prove I was at the beach!
Sean made this chair so he could "relax" at the beach. I love it! He dug it out using that frisbee.
In the middle of this picture in the water just above the top wave crest is the humback whale that was feeding. It was awesome!!!!
2 comments:
I love the beach!!!! I've never heard of the skim boarding thing...sounds like you guys have playing at the beach down to an art.
Harston Pride!! You're mom is pretty darn talented! :D By the way I love that Andrea is your friend because I'm related to her on my mom's side and I'm related to you on my dad's side. So fun!!!
Post a Comment