The boys had their doctor appointment last Tuesday. The doc asked if I had any concerns and I said "Should I be concerned that Brayden isn't potty trained?" The doc asked me a few questions and he told me that B just isn't seeming ready, so I shouldn't worry about it! Well, I don't know what switched in Brayden's mind, but Wednesday morning, he woke up and said "Mom! I have to pee!" So I took him to the bathroom and...he actually peed. I put him in underwear and he didn't have an accident all day. Or the next day. Or the next day. He kept peeing and pooping in the toilet. Chocolate is a good motivator. On Friday evening we drove to WA. We kept him in his underwear and lined the bottom of his carseat in a plastic bag then a towel. It stayed dry the entire trip! We stopped at Walmart in Centralia and he said he didn't have to pee. I told him he could buy a candy bar if he peed...so he did! He picked a Reeses. (He is definitely my child.) Then we got to Grandma's and he peed in the toilet again. We put him in a diaper at night and the next day, right back into underwear. Well, I think he got so caught up with playing with his cousins that he forgot. So Saturday he had a couple accidents and Sunday we just kept him in a diaper all day. (I only had one pair of church clothes for him and didn't want to risk it.) Monday though, we put him in underwear and again, on the drive home, he stayed dry the entire way! We haven't had an accident since.
It's a beautiful thing!
3 comments:
so jealous!!!
Wow! How did you find the magic switch?
It is a beautiful thing! Isn't it funny when the light just switches on? I have learned with potty training that it is very best to go at their pace. It sounds like you did things just right.
Post a Comment