The boys have been getting Cabin Fever being cooped up inside all Winmer (Winter Summer...get it? K...it's late. Nevermind.) Anyway, we've been trying to get them out of the house a little more to save our sanity.
Brayden's favorite song currently is "I Love to See the Temple" so Saturday, we decided to load the kids up and go to the temple. Why not? Unfortunately, my camera batteries died after 2 pictures. Ugh. So these pictures are from my phone.
This morning, I took the boys to the strawberry patch, along with Courtney and Ksenia and their boys. We were there for 2 hours and picked 22 pounds of strawberries. Let me rephrase that...we paid for 22 pounds of strawberries. I'm pretty sure the 4 boys combined ate a couple pounds.We plan on making freezer jam in the morning. I'm really looking forward to it! Here are a couple pictures of our dashing young men. Aren't they handsome? They are going to be heart breakers when they are older! You can find more pictures from our excursion on Courtney's Blog.
This summer we fully intend to attend several picnics and free concerts in the park, as well as free movies at the theater, and I'm sure we'll go on several walks. So keep your eyes out for pictures! I'm learning that we have to take what we can get when it comes to the weather. Even if it's cloudy and overcast, we can still go to the park. In fact...it usually means we'll have it to ourselves! Each time Sean and I take the boys to the park, we try to find a new park we haven't been to yet. I think we've been to about 15 or 20 different parks within the last year. We sure do love them!
In other news:
Brayden is still working on being potty trained but he is doing rather well. We haven't had very many accidents at all lately. Yay!
I got contacts last week. I love them. It's interesting seeing the world without a frame around it.
Asher is talking up a storm. His favorite phrases are "What happened?" "I did it!" "Mom, help me please!" (Usually said while dangling from the table, or stuck in between a chair and the wall. He sure is an adventurous little guy.)
Sean got a facebook! Let me rephrase this...I signed Sean up for facebook and he actually uses it! Haha, I keep teasing him that he needs to join the 21st Century. Yesterday I was just kidding saying "I'm going to sign you up" and he didn't say no so I went with it. It was actually really fun for the two of us to do that together. Also, we had a fun Father's Day on Sunday, and I think Sean felt spoiled. I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, but oh well. I got him 2 cast iron frying pans (we are trying to fade out of using our teflon pans) and he loves them. We have used them a lot so far. After church, we all took 3 hour naps, which was awesome! Then, we had our friends, the Grahams, over for dinner, and we had a blast! We grilled up some steaks and had a delicious meal. Sean slaved away earlier in the week on his barbecue sauce and it was the perfect accompaniment to the main course. After dinner, we had a yummy dessert and stuck our boys in front of "The Incredibles." while the adults played games. It was so much fun! We definitely love having friends with boys the same ages as ours. It is lots of fun!





1 comment:
We had a FANTASTIC time on Father's Day!! Those steaks were oh so good! And it was fun playing games, even if you guys beat us. I LOVE that our boys are not only close in age, but have such similar personalities! It's so much fun!! I am going to miss you this weekend!
Post a Comment