A couple weeks ago we took the kids to the track at the High School. I ran a few laps while Sean kept them entertained on the turf. They loved it!!
Asher fell asleep on the stairs one afternoon. He was so tired that he just settled there. A few minutes later, Brayden went over and laid the blankets on him so "he doesn't get cold." I love my little boys.
We went up to Washington this weekend and this is how Brayden slept in the car. It was adorable!
The Maple Valley Stake hosts 5k/10k every year. This year, Mom, Keith, our friend Jessy and I all decided to run it. Keith was aiming to beat his last 5k time, which he easily did. (Go Keibo!!!) He was of course way faster than the rest of us, but Mom, Jessy and I all ran it together. When we got to the 5k turn around we all looked at each other and said "We've got this!" So we decided to keep on going to complete 10k. None of us had trained for this. Mom had never run more than 4.5 miles and Jessy had never run more than 3. I hadn't run 10k since Thanksgiving morning. We knew it would be hard, but we also knew we could do it...and we did!! We almost died, but we crossed that finish line without walking or stopping (even though I"m sure our pace at the end was slower than a regular walk.) Jessy took off toward the end because she wanted to see what she could do. She came in at 1:04:35. Mom and I hobbled in just under 1:08. I suppose it isn't all that bad for not training for it!
After the race, we came home and showered. Then we all headed out to Scott's play. He was in a play called "Flappers" that was set in the 1920's. He was the main character's crush, and he played the part so well! I didn't get any pictures on my camera but Natalie did, so I'll try to get some of those from her soon to post them. He played very handsome "Buck Wayne" and his solo was the best part of the entire play. Go Scotty!
After the play, we headed to Lake Tapps. We didn't get there until 5pm but it was such a gorgeous day. I couldn't believe how perfect the weather was. We ended up staying until 9:30 at night. I did attempt, yet again, to get up on the wakeboard but to no avail. I have a feeling I'll have better luck next time when my legs don't already feel like noodles from running 6 miles. I got video of me attempting to board but no photos unfortunately. Bummer!

1 comment:
Ahhh... so jealous! But glad you guys had SO much fun and that the weather was so beautiful finally for you guys!! We totally go hang out over at the track too sometimes... except John is the one running, not me, yet at least :). Way to go again on the 10K. That is seriously awesome that you were able to pull it off without training!
Post a Comment