I passed!

I took the test today to get my Amateur Radio License. And I passed! I have to wait until I get my call sign (Wednesday or Thursday) before I can actually start transmitting but I don't have a Ham Radio yet so that won't be a problem :)  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with my license. There are a lot of different avenues I could go... contesting, trafficking, emergency response, morse code competitions, etc. I don't think I want to do this just for fun. I want to use it for a purpose, so I'm leaning towards emergency response. I still have to look into how to do that, but regardless of all of this, I'm really excited that I passed!!

Post Edit: I got my call sign! KF7IJL. Aunt Beth says it stands for "I just lied" Mom says it stands for "I'm just lucky."   Regardless, I won't ever forget my sign again!  :)

5 comments:

Courtney B said...

GO KIM!!! What made you want to do this?

There is a 911 call center RIGHT by the office (THE office=Dan, Ryan, and Lorraine's office... ) . Did you know that?

Chris and Hay said...

Congrats! I knew you'd do great, especially with all of those cookies from last night in your system ;)

andreamichelle said...

congratulations!

Danika said...

Yay! good job!

Mandee said...

What?? That is so awesome! Congrats!!

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...