Happenings

I've really been out of the blogging mood lately. I'm still not back in it, but my conscience is getting to me. (Deja vu...I've said that before perhaps?) Anyway, here's an update of what's going on in the Janeway Household

Brayden's personality is shining through full force. The last few months have been really difficult but this past month has been drastically better. He is such a little character. He is talking SO MUCH BETTER now and although he still wakes up cranky from his naps most of the time, in general, he is a happy little camper. He loves to laugh and make us laugh. His favorite thing to do right now is tickle the bottom of my feet when I least expect it. It really shocks me and then he laughs and laughs and says "haha...I tickle mommy's feet!" He is definitely proud of himself and I love him for it. He's adorable!

Asher is growing up SO fast. He is saying a few words...some of them being banana, cracker, apple, buh-bye, and thank you. The other day he grabbed my face and kissed my cheek. I said "Aww...thanks Asher! I love you!" and he said "i uh oo." It hardly sounded like it but 3 distinct syllables and a huge smile definitely told me that was what he was trying to say! It was adorable. He still only has 6 teeth...4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. He *loves* to climb in things. Anything he thinks he can fit into, he'll squeeze into it. We have this piece of tupperware that he loves pulling out of the cupboard and squatting in. It is not even big enough to fit his bum but he sticks his feet in and just squats in it for minutes at a time. He thinks it's hilarious! He is definitely a monkey. He climbs on anything and everything. Asher recently discovered a little attitude. He likes to scream when he doesn't get his way. It's kind of frustrating, but we're working on it. Today in church I had him out in the foyer the last 2/3rd of the meeting because he was so loud. Then Sean had him out in the hallway during the entire 2nd hour. He definitely doesn't like to sit still, that's for sure! Only 11 more weeks until Nursery...but hey, who's counting?

I got my piano! It's been living at a friend's house for the past 2 years. We didn't think we'd be able to fit it into our townhouse but after I started going through some serious withdrawals, we rethought about everything and figured out how to make it fit! Yay :) I'm in heaven! I also decided that I wanted to teach myself how to use the crock pot. I'm glad my family isn't too picky when it comes to food because I've been doing some experimenting! Sometimes with recipes, sometimes just throwing random ingredients in. Fortunately, we've been lucky and they mostly turn out!

4 comments:

Clare14 said...

I totally know where you are coming from when it comes to taking Asher into the hall. Its been a very long time since Regan would just sit on our lap during class and everything so a couple of weeks ago we took him down to nursery to see if maybe they would take him a couple of months early and they did! He does awesome though. As soon as we put him down he runs off to some toy. It makes church a way better experience for both him and us. ;)

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hey Kim!!

Wow..your boys are growing up!
I am amazed Asher knows how to talk..Ethan hasnt really even said any words except momma and dadda. We are working on it though.

Have fun learning new recipes in your crockpot! I have some that I use at least once a month, so anytime you need any I can email them to you!

I am totally jealous about your piano! I want one so bad! I secretly hope that I will get a piano calling, then I will have an excuse a reason to practice at church! :)

Tonya said...

Asher is such a cute little stink! Nursery is just around the corner. Good for you for trying out new crock pot recipes. I always forget I have a crock pot and use it rarely. Maybe you will inspire me to use it more because I do have some YUMMO recipes for it.

Aimee, Nick and Sophia said...

Kim
I know this comment is a little late but what the heck... I have a crockpot cook book and all of the recipes use 6 ingredients or less and my husband doesn't like any of the recipes that I have tried out of it so I don't use it anymore Do you want me to send it to you? I will be more than happy to! Let me know! Hope you guys are doing good! Aimee

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...