Book of Mormon

I completed the Book of Mormon this past Wednesday! I started it oh I don't know...back in mid-January? I started in Alma chapter 1 since I never seem to be able to make it past 2nd Nephi. I read a chapter a day, and after each chapter I would send my friend Michelle a text of what I learned. She would send me a text every day of what she learned as well. It kept us accountable for reading :) Sure, we occasionally missed a day and had to catch up but it was awesome to be able to read it with someone...it actually kept me reading! If my math is correct, there are 239 chapters in the Book of Mormon. So if I read 1 chapter every day I should have been able to read it in 8 months. Obviously, that didn't work out that way but that isn't what's important. The important part is...I finished!!!! I am so excited. It was perfect timing. Elder Jeffery R. Holland in conference today bore a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. While he was talking I could just feel the spirit wrap around my body, soul and heart and it testified to me, again, that the Book of Mormon is true. Plain and simple.

I love this Gospel. I love what it provides for me and my family. I love what it means. I love what it is. I love everything about it. I am so blessed to have this in my life and I hope to never take it for granted. The Lord loves us!

6 comments:

licketysplit said...

Elder Holland's talk was definitely one of my fav's. Loved it! And way to go with your reading!

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome Kim!!! and I felt the exact same way about Elder Holland's talk ... sooooo powerful!
you inspire me with you faith and strength ... thank you for being you :)

Tonya said...

Nice going! We are reading the BOM as a family right now. But it's a slow process since we do a page a night. So, with your calculations how long will that take us??? Just a jokin'! Anyways, it was a great conference weekend and I love that the conference talks are our road map to follow for the next six months. Thanks for sharing your sweet testimony:0)

andreamichelle said...

Good job, and thank you for your testimony. :)I really liked Elder Hollands talk.

The Payne Family said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment.

Clare14 said...

Ok Awesome idea!! I need to do that with someone...

Everett "Kamalani" Bradford Janeway

This past Sunday was a very special day for Everett. We didn't expect it to be, but it was. Auntie Shellie Nangayan is an Auntie in ...